Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Jaguar XJ220 "True fire" pre-race car

Kennyboy

Nice work. The paint is great. What areas did you needs to trim. I have one prepped for paint and am curious about the issues.

Thanks Bob!

Had to trim 1/8" off of the bottom of the back window (the one in between the engine room and the interior), the tops of the front wheel wells, and a little off of the front tab near the radiator (the one that is about 1 3/4" long that goes into the channel the same length in the chassis pan.)

Very Kool, er, I mean HOT!!!!!!!! :P;)

Thanks Kerry! See you at AMG next Friday. B)

Wow!

It looks like it's Worth the trouble you've bee through, amazingly well done model..

I juste love it, that flame paint job is awesome...

Thank you Michel! I am glad you like it! :D

Wow looks great I love it.. looks meaner then the WRAITH!

Thank you Andre! Love that car by the way......!

That's beautiful. Love the XJ220, it's so odd seeing it done in a totally different style. Paintwork is flawless, well done. I didn't know a kit other than the Tamiya one existed..

Thank you Tomo! What is beautiful is your avatar!!! :D Although this (AMT) kit exists.....the Tamiya one is FAR superior.

Unique and interesting paint job. After I bought the kit I heard that it had build problems so I found one of the Tamiya ones, haven't built either yet. Don't think I could duplicate your achievement even with the better kit. Well done.

Thank you Robert. I would really like to see your interpretation of the kit/car.....I love many versions of this car....from this one to the NEXT version I will do. (I have another one..... ;) )