Model Cars Magazine Forum

Now, wouldn't it be nice if Tamiya.........

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it on the 'net the other day Art! 8)

The only thing I don't like about it is the "smoke color" roof. Gives it a moon rover look to it.

Other than that 'it's BEAUTIFUL!! :D

I love the car; I was lucky enough to get an advanced sneak-peak at the photos several months back, and it was tough keeping quiet :D

This is a full-scale wooden model of the car; it's going to end up probably as a wall hanging by the owner. The real car is still being built/tested, and apparently has many subtle detail changes from this, after advanced wind tunnel testing at Pininfarina. Smaller intake, rounder headlight openings, a small gap between the body and the roof. The glass isn't dark tinted like this model, so it will look more open/airy than this model. I can't wait to see the finished car, which should be on Pininfarina's website on the 29th.

Some people say it looks too much like an '80's concept car. I don't have a problem with that at all; you morph a late 60's Ferrari race car with an early 2000's Enzo and you get...the 80's :wink: The owner sure seems happy with it; that's all that really matters. And it would look amazing in black 8)

This certainly would be a great way for Tamiya to get some more miles out of their Enzo :wink:

Hi Art, Bob:

I like it too. Wonder where ya got the pics?

Owner has J6 GT40 MkIV, ex-Sunoco Lola GT70, 0854 P3, and a car that is part of 0846 P4(lots of dispute here, but more than a few parts IMHO)

And 002C 166 Spyder Corsa. Plus a DV32 and a J.

Who knew I'd know him. :wink:

33361789-L.jpg

Ya know....I mentioned on another board that I didn't like the looks of it but I find it growing on me.

Go figure!

Me too, I especially like the rear view..though I really don't like the front end (the overhanging thingy below the grille).

Pininfarina will post pictures of the real car on their website Saturday the 29th; this is a "mere" wooden mockup, painted and detailed. The C&D pics tell a better story of the actual car, though I haven't read the article yet (came in the mail today will read later tonight).