Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mongoose '57, ("Formerly What's Hiding in all those Boxes?)

rmvw guy

• 2 weeks later...

Nice save and great paint! Back in the early '70's I bought 2 of the last issue AMT '29 Model A kits that you could still build 2 cars from. I got them discounted, planned on building 1 and keeping 1 for later. When I opened the first one it had the chrome, tires glass and instructions for the Model A's with the non chrome parts for the '37 Chevy coupe. I always think of some poor guy buying that kit sealed today for $40-$50 and opening it in horror. Back then it was no big deal at 88 cents each.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Started working on the chassis and I am totally lost when it comes to fuel lines, hoses, electrical and so forth on these cars. I used yellow wire for spark plug wires and now every reference I find has red wires. Too late!!! Having a hard time finding good reference material. Any help would be appreciated. Here are a couple of progress pictures. Thanks for looking. DSC04977_zpsc935bb23.jpgDSC04978_zpsc723a467.jpg

• 7 months later...

Just got this one out today for an attempt to finish it this year. Installed window glass so far. Some more small details and hopefully it will be done. Wish me luck! Trying to get my photos ready for the end of the year showing like we did last year. Hope you guys are ready!

Edited by rmvw guy

Thanks guys. This was almost like bringing one back from the dead. I am calling it finished today after this photo shoot and moving it to the dragracing section. Never did that before! After viewing my photos I realise I forgot to put the white on Goodyear letters. I lost the rest of the decal sheet and I wanted to put a parachute cord on it. Really I don't no how to do a realistic one or fuel lines etc. Obviously not a show piece, it was fun, and my first attempt at a funnycar. Thanks for looking.DSC06098_zpse72f43ff.jpgDSC06088_zpsc323aeac.jpg