Model Cars Magazine Forum

How long does it take Hobby Lobby to get new releases ?

Our local Hobby Lobby has the '50 Olds but, still no '57 Ford Custom. They are doing better getting new releases in the last year like the Meyers "Manx", Revell '49 Merc.,the Double Dragster kit, the Double "T", the '48 Ford, the Willys and some others. Don't you wish we could order them and get the 40% off? Maybe they only order quarterly or something.

Check the shelf tags, that will tell you whether or not they will have the kit. You can ask someone to see if it is on order, they should be able to check that. Not sure, but the model kits might get shipped from Revell to the Hobby Lobby warehouse and then to the Hobby Lobby store.If so, that would add at least a week or two in the time it would take to get to the store versus other outlets (LHS, HTU, etc).

It must depend on the store and who orders the stock . Our HL has had the same kits for a year or more with very few changes . The only new releases I've noticed are the AMT " Double " kits . Whoever does the ordering must check the box " Reorder All " without even thinking ! Michaels is the same way .

My LHS has new releases on his shelf within a week of when I see them on the internet . He's great !

FWIW, I just picked up the 57 Ford Custom at HL tonight, on my way home.

Thanks, Just checked today and yes they had one for $16 and some change with 40% coupon. I make a visit about once a week with coupon. I look for them to get the Rat Roaster because, last year they had a nice display of Revell kits for the Stacy David contest with the rules advertised. We can only hope.

The manager at the Hobby Lobby I go to Told me if there was any model I wanted that yjey could order it. They did get the New releases Pretty fast this time around.

Something we should remember before we blast HL is to ask a manager if they could order a kit, as Todd mentions above, because they can't know what we want if we don't tell them.