Model Cars Magazine Forum

Karmann Ghia

i seen one on ebay about a month ago it was the first karmann ghia kit i ever seen.it was made by some company in japan.since i like those cars,i tried bidding on it. but stopped after it went over $50.00. it also had the hard top convertible option

Edited by cappy625

Get the Tamiya kit and save yourself from disappointment.

x2

The Gunze kit isn't bad, albeit a curbside, as you can build it as a convertible OOB....correctly fitting the hardtop 'option' is pretty difficult, as the roof is molded as one clear piece with the rear and quarter glass. Given the choice between the two, I'd do the Tamiya in a heartbeat.

Like most guys already said, by far the best Ghia in 1/24 scale is the Tamiya kit... I do believe it was recently re-issued so you should have no trouble getting it. It's nicely detailed and falls together perfectly :)

If you're into 1/16, however, Revell also did a great kit way back when, but that's quite a rare one... And, consequently, somewhat costly ;)

Well, I did live in the Netherlands for 8 years and never saw a single one... I rarely see them on ebay, and then they are around 40 euros+... I imagine they are even harder to come by across the pond.

You must have some kind of special luck sourcing these :P

Mine arrived the other day, its a nice simple kit. Im building it for Derby City Shootout towards the end of July. I will probably start a thread up soon for it. Im going to build it similar to this.

431777_533704580002208_579329467_n_zps7c

• 2 weeks later...