Model Cars Magazine Forum

Speed City Resin.

I just received my order from Speed City Resin. The service was outstanding and the product, the 65 Plymouth altered wheel base body, chassis, interior tub etc. is of very high quality casting. It was relatively flash free, or very thin. The parts fit together well. and the resin looks like styrene. I have several other resin castings from other casters that do not even compare. I highly recomend this product. thanks Steve Prideaux

I just received my order from Speed City Resin. The service was outstanding and the product, the 65 Plymouth altered wheel base body, chassis, interior tub etc. is of very high quality casting. It was relatively flash free, or very thin. The parts fit together well. and the resin looks like styrene. I have several other resin castings from other casters that do not even compare. I highly recomend this product. thanks Steve Prideaux

You mean that you didn't order one for me also? Guess I'll have to do it myself as I've heard about SCR from others as well.

Coincidentally I received yesterday the Speed City '67 Buick Skylark. Nice clean casting. No lean, no warp - straight as an arrow. Dense, white resin does indeed look like styrene.

Also a shout-out to Alan at Whoopie Cat Decals. With two of his sheets you can get enough decals to accurize the Skylark. Great quality and service also.

John

can anybody tell me anything about speed city resins-good or bad-thanx

One of the best, per the reviews above. :)

If you take a look at Speed City's in progress page, you can see how much effort is put into creating and correcting parts. That alone tells me Speed City is determined to provide accurate parts and will do what it takes to make sure the parts are correct and top quality.

Yes the stuff is top notch, I ordered a Zachary Eldorado body from them a while back, product and service are great..