Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kustom Karz, build off,

Gothic Kustomz

Jason the Merc is fine, thanx for jumping up to the plate, it's really all about the fun of the whole thing, but I get yer name on da list, thanx man, now get to building, LMBO..... Oh don't forget to post, too.

Awesome! I'm pumped! Thanks for letting me join.This will be my first community build so I'm looking forward to it. Ill get started on putting some photos up. I'll throw a few up from start to current but if it's cool with you I'll throw up the build page so everyone can see all the photos to the build.

There's just too much air going in and not enough able to escape. Everything else is so good, it's a shame if the end product will ends up as a balloon!

Where does the air into the bonnet scoop go, if the side 'scoops' feed the induction system? The cooling system has enough air from the hole at the front, and the lucky occupants don't need to have to function at 0.8 bar!

First off I just wanted to say thanks for letting me join so late and with a half started project. I'm a pretty slow builder tho so I'd be lucky if I could get this done by the due date, but I'll give it a go.

Everyone has some great looking projects going on here.

I'm going with the Revell 49' Mercury Coupe. I was going to post all my photos but there's way to many so here's a short version of the build.

New trunk lines

0a43a56d.jpg

New hood lines

cf00a425.jpg

9bea8433.jpg

Shaved top part of the doors

182ed59b.jpg

DSCN6282.jpg

Shaved dashboard

DSCN6573.jpg

DSCN6578.jpg

Shaved whole back of car

54755a80e69ecaabd6c81307f1b20c40_zpsce1c

JASON! that '49 is kick a-s-s buddy, well guys, I am going to have to bow out, I don't think I will get Mrs Majestic done in time, as I have reverted back to my other favorite pastime, art work, and in that I will soon be opening up Gothic Graphix, kustom decal work, have a pixma printer that will be here Monday, and with that, I will be using almost 20 years worth of art that I have used in 20 years in the tattoo trade, plus new stuff, most the stuff will be exclusive, meaning only one print, other stuff that I have already come by will be mass printed, I will also refubish old decals to like new, and on a side note, I can also to kustom graphix to yer specific build, yes to your build, without having the body, would only require some info from ya, I hoped to be up, and going on the 15th, but with the Adobe, thinking more on or around the first.

I will continue to support each and every one of ya, and these great worx of kustomz out of the box building, and continue to slip my 2 cents worth in, when I can, ya all are great thinkiers, of the kustomz build off, keep up the work, and remember Jan is the dead line, tho who knows, the more that join, the longer it could go on????, and don't forget winner will recieve a prize, anything from a angry dust bunny, to a stale dohnut, who knows, lmbo, thanx guys.

Edited by Gothic Kustomz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the compliments. There's a lot of nice work going on here but like Kerry I had to put my build on the back burner for the last few months do to some personal stuff. I'd still like to give this build off a shot so if we're voting on it, I'd like to extend the deadline also.

Wow. I'm blown away by the customization in this thread!!!

How in the world are you guys making such clean cuts, rescribing lines, and shaving the bodies on these cars sooooo neatly??? I'm jealous! I need whatever tools those are!

Jesse, the only tool I use for scribing lines is my exacto knife. Just use the back of the blades. Use tape as a guide and take your time.