Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

oh nutz! i was looking forward to seein that HEMI spyder too...woulda been sweet B)

Oh it IS going to be completed, just not soon. It's too cool an idea to let it die.

Sorry you're out Rob but you were never going to beat me anyway... :P

You're probably right. So I had taken steps to insure you wouldn't show up on race day. But..........now that I'm out, I guess I can call off Vinny and Guido.

Edited by Jantrix

Guys, I'm going to officially throw in the towel here. I just have very little interest in the project right now and it's 100% attributed to the quality of the kit and the work it will take to get it to my satisfaction. I wish everyone luck and look forward to seeing the field on race day.

Sorry to hear that Rob, Hopefully next year!

Nick

As long as we're breaking bad news, it seems unlikely the Cormaro will make it to the line. My elderly mother passed away this week, my GF is holding bedside vigil for her dying mom and it's just one of those times where the hobby is barely a blip on my radar. Have fun everyone, I'll be back later for the vote (and a truck of river rocks).

As long as we're breaking bad news, it seems unlikely the Cormaro will make it to the line. My elderly mother passed away this week, my GF is holding bedside vigil for her dying mom and it's just one of those times where the hobby is barely a blip on my radar. Have fun everyone, I'll be back later for the vote (and a truck of river rocks).

Very Sorry to Hear Mike. Sometimes things happen that way and there's nothing we can do to change it.

Nick

Sorry to hear that Mike, my thoughts are with you.

There's some great work going on here guys. Sadly I can't say the same about my Mercedes as I haven't got much done to it so far. I have got some paint on the bodyshell though. Looking at the Mercedes website I thought the Sepang Brown would make a change from the usual red or silver so I've given it a couple of coats of Ford Roman Bronze automotive paint which looks a close match.

DSCF4575640x480_zpse4887c6e.jpg

It might not make it to the start but I'll carry on and see how it goes.

Sorry for your loss Mike. I`ve still got my parents but have lost siblings in the recent past and know how much it guts you. For me what worked was to take a bit of time to clear my head and then get back into the things I enjoy doing. Remember the 62 Bel-Air Cannonballer I built? It was the first model I built after losing my brother. He used to have one so it was a perfect way to honor him and helped me out a lot. Bring all the rocks you can, the coolers on me. B)

i have started to get some paint on the interior of the car

post-10605-0-76067100-1382518294_thumb.j

And at the insane speed I am going to run by, I also need to fit some rear diffusors to the car.

post-10605-0-29539300-1382518374_thumb.j

It needs some adjustments, but I am almost ready to put some primer on it to see where it needs more attention.

Started this kit last night, didn't like the rims that came with it so I bought some new ones. I will be two toning the car with Model Master Deep pearlescent purple and tamiya gunmetal gray once I get an air compressor for my air brush. Anyways onto the pictures of the model.

null_zpsd7da0078.jpg

The kit.

null_zps239c25fa.jpg

The body in black primer

null_zps088e7b0b.jpg

The rims I'm going to be using sine I don't like the stock ones

Hi All, I am new to this forum, mostly model 1/32 but I have done a few 1/43 and 1/24 - 1/25 - I take it this CBP can be any scale? If so I will enter with a Heller 1/43 Mercedes 450 rallye car, as it already has Rallye stickers its a start to getting it looking like a cannonball car - Also I should be able to get it finished by Dec 1st - If Ok to enter let me know please

Thanks Wayne

Pic of kit

IMG_3351.jpg

Edited by wkennerley