Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

You'll have to choose when to use that carefully Ashley.

Or are you going to have strategically placed "swap & go" bottles waiting for you along the route?

Here's the first look at my subtle and tasteful paint job. Decals will be printed detailing just which federal authority it pertains to belong to.

That's champagne car paint with nail polish stripes.

Photo0133_zps597c430c.jpg

Completed chassis (except for exhaust). I've added an auxiliary fuel tank under the boot floor.

Photo0130_zpsbbce9171.jpg

And the turbo installation. There will be an air to air intercooler in front of the radiator. As you can see the Celsior V8 is a tight fit width wise but there is no problem with the length.

Photo0132_zps6617ef0d.jpg

Edited by zenrat

Awesome work Fred, we'll be able to see those stripes 10 miles away.

Ashley, it's nice to know I wont be the only one with laughing gas onboard. Should make for a fun last few miles.

I'm still working on mine, the GTX will be done in time, the hot rod is questionable, los... I mean miss placed a few parts so we'll see.

Awesome work Fred, we'll be able to see those stripes 10 miles away.

Ashley, it's nice to know I wont be the only one with laughing gas onboard. Should make for a fun last few miles.

I'm still working on mine, the GTX will be done in time, the hot rod is questionable, los... I mean miss placed a few parts so we'll see.

So true have to have some fun on the trip, lay down some tread marks

Great bit of reading. Thanks Slant.

The pics of the interior are going to be very useful. I forgot I have to scratch up a laptop, phone & GPS.

I don't think I have enough fuel capacity.

Somewhere in the comments someone says something along the lines of "It's a lot easier to do on your own. When you get 45 guys racing each other the cops shut everything down PDQ".

And that's the thinking behind my build this year. Something the cops won't stop.

Next year though - stupidly fast. Maybe a ramp car like in Furious 6?...

Edited by zenrat

Now, the engine is all good to go. Need to hook it up to the onboard computer that will be hiding behind dash. It is tested and it works nice. A bit loud...

post-10605-0-23561200-1383548299_thumb.j

Coolant will be in the back, no room up front :)

Front suspension is mocked up and not fastened yet. Still a lot of bits and pieces that need to come together.

and the body is finally in primer. Need a bit more sanding and putty, and a second layer of primer before paint goes on. (no pictures yet, since the body is drying)

Now, the engine is all good to go. Need to hook it up to the onboard computer that will be hiding behind dash. It is tested and it works nice. A bit loud...

attachicon.gifIMG_04161.JPG

Coolant will be in the back, no room up front :)

Front suspension is mocked up and not fastened yet. Still a lot of bits and pieces that need to come together.

and the body is finally in primer. Need a bit more sanding and putty, and a second layer of primer before paint goes on. (no pictures yet, since the body is drying)

This is going to be wild !

Well it seems the boy's at We R Nutz garage have just realized there's only 25 days left until the big dance and both cars have yet to be started (the engines aren't even mounted for that matter). With that said at the garage is upside down and in complete chaos. Anything that's not related to the two entry cars has been rolled outside (the owners of said cars were surprisingly okay with it saying "bring home that trophy boys"). With that said the boys nodded and got to work.

The list of things done so far is as follows.

The boys agreed that a little extra horsepower in the from of laughing gas (NOS) should add a little more excitement towards the end on the race should it be needed.

Post183_zps285c5481.jpg

Got the battery and wiring in place the fuel tank was also test mounted. The wiring is guitar string if anyone is interested.

Post182_zps2cfd310b.jpg

And finally the dash board is ready in install.

Post181_zps244b5b06.jpg

And update on Mr. Sinister will be sometime tonight.