Model Cars Magazine Forum

Polar Light's reissue of "The Chambers of Horrors Guillotine". A great kit! Fun to build. Be prepared to add a woodgrain effect since it's molded without one. The kit is molded in a flesh tone color and comes with an optional glow-in-the-dark victim. It is truly an awesome conversation piece.

DSC04005.jpg

DSC04007.jpg

DSC04006.jpg

DSC04010.jpg

DSC04004.jpg

A guillotine with a glow in the dark person? hmm whats the fun of a guillotine if the person is a spirit already, lol. Looks really good. I have a few of the Polar Lights Creepy kits I hope mine come out as well as yours.

Pretty sure they did. :D

BTW, how cool would this model be with the blade down and the head in the basket? Now there's an eye catcher! B)

Yea it's poseable either way. In reality though, they usually cleaned guillotine's blade between beheadings later on in the 19th century. This model is taken from the earlier models of guillotines, such as the ones used in the early part of the French Revolution. I built this model for instructional purposes and to go with me when my brother and I do demonstrations with a real fully-functioning guillotine. Check out the video on YouTube: http://youtu.be/07UQpc1GVlQ

Edited by Artisticndn

I built this model for instructional purposes and to go with me when my brother and I do demonstrations with a real fully-functioning guillotine. Check out the video on YouTube: http://youtu.be/07UQpc1GVlQ

Awesome build and even more cool that you've got a real one. I think I would have been way more into learning about the French Revolution if someone had brought a real guillotine to show at school. B)

Guest Johnny

Well now... there's a model you don't see every day! :unsure:

Looks good, nicely done... but one question: Blood on the blade BEFORE it came down??? :blink:

Union janitors?

That or a busy morning!:rolleyes:

I always felt it would be a better punishment if they placed them face up and gave it a couple false starts before the bug chop!;)

Aurora caught heck for these kits, and they did cancel some proposed ones that would have been creepy cool. i was a kid then and MY parents wouldn't buy them.... odd, though, that they'd buy me WW2 armor kits without a second thought...............

your wood grain effect is very convincing and realistic looking.

What size is the model/figure?

I'm trying to picture the general size of the whole model

The model is 1/18 scale, but on the original issue it's listed as 1/15???

http://www.professorplastik.com/monster_site/proscenium/kits/xtrakits/othernonmonsteraurorakits/historicalkits/guillotine/guillotine_kit.htm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Breezy said:

This thing is sweet. Very cool came out amazing! They say it was as effective as 5,000 slodiers.

What are "slodiers"? ? You need a spell checker. And the more I think about, the more I need a Polar Lights Guillotine kit.  

Edited by unclescott58