Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Favorite Car Of All Time

Fuel Coupe

Im no Mr Obsessive but I try...

heres some new pics. Ive started assembling the engine. Ive drilled out most of the bolt moldings and have replaced them with RB Motion and Scale Hardware stuff.I cut small Brass circles for freeze plugs and built a timing cover from aluminum.

DSC_0615.jpg

SMBC Magneto

DSC_0616.jpg

Scratched Fuel pump

DSC_0619.jpg

RB Motion Spark plugs and boots

DSC_0622.jpg

DSC_0623.jpg

:blink: Jeebus Christmas! :blink: Talk about some Serious Detailing :o The Brakes are Works of Art! :D Man I would Love to be as Detailed as you,Mr O, or any of the Great Builders on here, but I can get Severely OCD'd for certain things, and it would be my luck that I wouldn't be able to catch my build :blink:

Hey Shane, This thing is coming along just Awesome!!!

I've been doing some work for an old friend lately. He is a fabricator of 1:1 race cars. One of the projects in his shop right now which I've helped him with some is a Bantam Altered for nostalgia drags. It is an entirely new car he is building from the ground up for a customer.

The frame is custom fabricated similar to Pure Hell's and Willie Borsch's, instead of using a standard funny car frame as so many others do now. It's even getting a small wing on top of the cage. The gel coat on the Bantam body is even hot rod gray, like Cal Auto used to use in the 60s, which is what the Pure Hell had under that fancy candy paint, and just as Revell modeled in their Parts Pack kits. It is getting a Big Block Chevy motor with Injector stacks. 18" American mag 12 spokes on the front and American Torque Thrust Ds on the narrowed rear. Maybe I can get some photos next time I work down there, probably early next week.

Richard

Richard I would LOVE to see some pics of the car you guys are working on. I build 1:1's too and any fabrication pis would be great

Thanks again...

Hey Shane, This thing is coming along just Awesome!!!

I've been doing some work for an old friend lately. He is a fabricator of 1:1 race cars. One of the projects in his shop right now which I've helped him with some is a Bantam Altered for nostalgia drags. It is an entirely new car he is building from the ground up for a customer.

The frame is custom fabricated similar to Pure Hell's and Willie Borsch's, instead of using a standard funny car frame as so many others do now. It's even getting a small wing on top of the cage. The gel coat on the Bantam body is even hot rod gray, like Cal Auto used to use in the 60s, which is what the Pure Hell had under that fancy candy paint, and just as Revell modeled in their Parts Pack kits. It is getting a Big Block Chevy motor with Injector stacks. 18" American mag 12 spokes on the front and American Torque Thrust Ds on the narrowed rear. Maybe I can get some photos next time I work down there, probably early next week.

Richard

Richard I would LOVE to see some pics of the car you guys are working on. I build 1:1's too and any fabrication pis would be great

Thanks again...

Well then, I will try to take some pics and share them with you.

I presume you work on 1:1 drag cars and maybe hot rods? It would be interesting to hear about and see some of the stuff you work on

I am currently working on an off road car (Baja Bug), which is what I do mostly (Baja Bugs to Fiberglass buggies to sand rails to pre-runner pickups, and all of these types as race cars including Class Champions and Baja 1000 winners). I have also built Road Racers (from club racers to Trans Am champions), Dry Lakes racers (El Mirage is with in sight of my home) and open wheel circle track racers (1940s vintage Midgets and Sprints to present-day Super Modifieds), as well as Hot Rods and others.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Not a whole lot of responses in the last few updates so guys, this will probably be the last update as I don't want to waste bandwidth on here.

Here it is in House of Color Kandy Apple Red.

DSC_0767.jpg

DSC_0768.jpg

DSC_0769.jpg

No clear yet, I have to put the decals on it and then clear it..

Thanks for letting me post these up...

Don't worry about bandwidth, me's gots plenty!

Keep on posting

no worry about no response, sometimes new posts don't show up on new post thread, I see that happen a lot

best way is keep on posting

I love this car and build

May want to feature it when pau

B) Shane, Don't worry too much about the lack of replys, most of us are probly just in awe of your work!I still think those brakes are the cats ass!Man HOW did you make em? I just keep lookin at the pics an to me, your up there with Mr. Obsessive!Yeesh, I'd go BLIND tryin to do all that itty-bitty detail stuff.Not to worry Bro, It's All Good! :lol::lol:

Not a whole lot of responses in the last few updates so guys, this will probably be the last update as I don't want to waste bandwidth on here.

I'd say that most people are just speechless. :unsure: I have been following this thread since day one, just don't know what to say. Keep on posting, that's an awesome build!

Not to bring up bad memories, but if you had HALF as much work, and talent, into the one that got stolen, than it is EASY to see why it was stolen.

Still an absolute TRAVESTY, that someone would steal someone elses hard work...

This build is just AWESOME!! <_<

Builds of this quality don’t come around too often. Every detail and step has been an inspiration. I’m planning a T-bodied altered with that style of roll cage, and to see the build up on the chassis was a real eye-opener. I don’t mind saying I will “borrow†liberally from what you have shown us!

I, too, have been following this post since day one – I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that many of us simply think that there‘s nothing new that we could say that others haven’t already said. Note that there have been over 1550 views of this thread! Maybe we should remember to just voice our appreciation for such great work now and again...

Looking forward to seeing this one “Under Glassâ€!

B.

Edited by gbk1

I have been watching since you started the project, Your attention to detail is Awesome and the entire project is just so well done. The only Problem I see is maybe with the Header's, They look a little thick on the inside diameter. It could be the picture, But they may just need to be reamed out some.IMHO

Thanks, Gabriel.

I have been watching since you started the project, Your attention to detail is Awesome and the entire project is just so well done. The only Problem I see is maybe with the Header's, They look a little thick on the inside diameter. It could be the picture, But they may just need to be reamed out some.IMHO

Thanks, Gabriel.

Ive been looking at that Gabriel. Thanks for the input, I'll try and ream them a bit as I thought they were a but thick too...