Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi I am the New Guy

Hi my name is Teddy. I build 1:24 and 1:25th scale cars. My style is Hot Rod...My cars normally end up having "The Rugged Look".....Somwhere between curb side and showroom...."Drivers" would be a good term for my builds. I have been checking out the " Workbench" page of this site. We really have talented builders working on some really "Kool Projects"...I grew up in Southern California in the 60s and 70s. My 2 Older Brothers and Dad were "Car Guys"....Me too,,,,Swap'n Engines, Tires, Grills, Bumpers,,,,,ect. Basically "Hot Roddin' em". I like "Big Fat Tires" and everything..The "Stance" should be the rear end of the car should be "Bow Jacked" Higher than the front....That having been said there are some really low Rod/ Rat Rods that I really dig,,,,,,I built my first Pro Steet recently, a 57 Chevy. Man that is a "Mean Looking Bel'Air". My point is Hot Rod'n has many different forms. I really did not mean to write a book..You know how it is....when we start talkin' about the "Plastic" we love. I am not a really big "Computer Guy". I will try to Post some Pics. soon. I have several projects going a Revelle 66 GTO a Amt 67 SS 427 Impala.....And I just put the finishing touches on a "Scratch Build" 63 "Split Window" The Body is AMT the Chasis Revelle and the Engine from a Lindburg 61 ss Impala...Thats right I put a 409 in a 'Vette.....I cant stop look'n at it. If it takes me a while to respond, it is because my typing is slow....My son says my Lap Top is " So old a Tin Can on a string would be faster". Swell.

Hey new guy, by the way not for long the way we are growing. Your builds sound interesting would love it if you would share some pictures, that 57 sounds neat but really want to see that Vette. Anyway welcome to the forum always lots to look at all the way down the forum.