Model Cars Magazine Forum

minty 350z

508boricua

hey guys! heres my 350z from aoshima. pretty quick build. interior has flocking and some detail. I used volk TE37's with giant brembo brake set up. no body mods just slammed. the color is not for everyone, I just thought i'd do something different .

350zeta001_zps427b00d8.jpg

350zeta002_zpsacbbd8a7.jpg

350zeta005_zpsa5570f34.jpg

350zeta004_zps7a3df994.jpg

350zeta006_zpseef30f89.jpg

skysbdayand350006_zps4181e51b.jpg

Definitely not a factory color. :P I like it though. I think the graphic on the hood looks good. Wheels and interior look good too. Nice job all the way around!

thanks man!!

That color is exactly what the logo says- Boss.

ha,ha!! thanks brian.

Great color very sharp build...
Thanks Carl.

The hood decal fits it just right, looks good. I like the color.
Thanks for the great comment James.

Looks good bro, the color looks good contrasting with the rims!
Gracias Bori!

Looks great !
Thank you Ray.

NICE BUILD!!!
Thanks Ira.

I like the color. What is it?

Charlie Larkin

thanks, it's blue ocean breeze from krylon. gotta tell you tho... I've never used krylon till this build and i'll never use it again. they don't label laquer or enamel. you cant clear this paint cuz it will all wrinkle up on you. I learned that the hard way. bad customer service too. I called them and was on hold for more then 10 minutes, gave up and hung up. thanks again Charlie.

I've used Krylon a couple of times. I've found the key is to use Plasti-Kote or Dupli-Color primer under the paint. I believe that Krylon is lacquer, based on the drying speed. What did you use for clear? I generally don't clear-coat my models unless I need to even out gloss, but I have been told that Krylon acrylic gloss is the best to use on top of it, as opposed to the hardware-store gloss, which is quite aggressive. The acrylic stuff is available at craft stores, and you can probably get it from a good independent hardware store by order if you agree to buy six cans. That acrylic supposed to work well over many different paints.

I'd try either Rocky's Ace in Northborough, Monnick Supply here in Marlborough or Jerry's Hardware in West Boylston if you decide to go the order route. The product number is 1303. Here's a link to it. http://www.krylon.com/products/crystal_clear_acrylic/

Charlie Larkin

I've used Krylon a couple of times. I've found the key is to use Plasti-Kote or Dupli-Color primer under the paint. I believe that Krylon is lacquer, based on the drying speed. What did you use for clear? I generally don't clear-coat my models unless I need to even out gloss, but I have been told that Krylon acrylic gloss is the best to use on top of it, as opposed to the hardware-store gloss, which is quite aggressive. The acrylic stuff is available at craft stores, and you can probably get it from a good independent hardware store by order if you agree to buy six cans. That acrylic supposed to work well over many different paints. I'd try either Rocky's Ace in Northborough, Monnick Supply here in Marlborough or Jerry's Hardware in West Boylston if you decide to go the order route. The product number is 1303. Here's a link to it. http://www.krylon.com/products/crystal_clear_acrylic/ Charlie Larkin
thanks Charlie. I bought that paint at walmart. I did see the acrylic clear there too but was not sure if they would mix. I'm gonna buy the acrylic. It's cheap enough to test and find out. Thanks man.