Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first building

Repstock

So... this is your FIRST TIME modeling a building? :P Looks like you're a fast study- it's all amazing, every bit of it.

I've been building models since 1973, and scratchbuilding/modifying kits for most of that time, but this IS my first structure. As this one winds down, I've begun a model of a Clark gas station, set in 1977, the same time period as this one. I hope some day to make a big diorama using all of these creations.

I really enjoy making every element of the model. The buiding, and all of it's contents.

I appreciate all the support. With some really GREAT modelers using this forum, it means a lot!

I will say this...after looking at all these other posts, in the future I may have to consider trying wood. All I've used so far is Gator board sheathed with styrene, two mediums I am VERY comfortable with. I have never worked with wood before, so I will be studying other posts to see how it's done. I've seen some really cool effects that would be difficult, if not impossible to achieve with styrene.

There's some real craftsmen here.

I've been building models since 1973, and scratchbuilding/modifying kits for most of that time, but this IS my first structure. As this one winds down, I've begun a model of a Clark gas station, set in 1977, the same time period as this one. I hope some day to make a big diorama using all of these creations.

I really enjoy making every element of the model. The buiding, and all of it's contents.

I appreciate all the support. With some really GREAT modelers using this forum, it means a lot!

Having been a Clark Oil pump jockey in the early 70s....I can't wait!!:unsure::lol:

I'm calling this project done (for now). I'm going to spend more time on the Clark station.

Final2.jpg

Here's a couple of Laundromat shots

Final1.jpg

And a few of the TV repair shop

Final4.jpg

Final3.jpg

I'll start a new thread for the Clark Station. Thanks for all the feedback!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v625/Repstock/Street%20Diorama/ A link to all photos

I've scanned the dictionary, but I just can't find any new superlatives to convey my reaction to this model and your talents.

I'm just pinned to the computer, waiting for the start of the Clark Station progress thread!

Tony