Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Thunderbird-Futuristic Custom

customsrus

This t-bird was built as a retro custom as it might appear 10-15 years in the future. My idea was for this build was to make a vehicle that could do 200+ mph and still get 50 mpg. So all body panels would be made of a light weight composite, the chassis would also be lightweight. It would have a lexan glass top. As many of you guessd it is a 63 t-bird with a pontiac banshee top grafted to it, doors where shaped like the banshee doors and reversed swing up style. hood was glued in place and new hood opening cut out. headlights are now flip up style. Banshee rear pan grafted to backend of t-bird and also another rear pan was put on the front of the car. Both front fenders and rear quarters were reshaped or extended with sheet plastic. Banshee interior was modified to a two seater. Instrument panel was converted to appears as a digital touch screen. I put a headliner in it with seatbelts attachments and domelights. complete chassis and drive train are taken from the shelby series 1, I had to extend and widen chassis to fit t-bird body. Wheels are aluminum sleeves from Pegasus hobbies. Scratchbuilt drive components and brake systems. I could go on but lets get on to the pictures. Enjoy.

IMG_0206-vi.jpgIMG_0208-vi.jpg

IMG_0212-vi.jpgIMG_0209-vi.jpg

Obviously, the workmanship is first rate. Beautiful job putting this all together. I think I would have preferred a different color, but the green is certainly striking. If I am not crazy, didn’t Jairus do a sketchpad T Bird like this in gunmetal a few years ago? I think his had a rear mid engine layout if I am not mistaken. I liked that one so much I put aside a T bird Convertible and a Jag 220 (I think that is what he drew) for the “someday†project. Anyway, I love what you did, great job. I love the smooth look of the dashboard. Are the taillights from the old Revell parts pack? They look great, where ever they came from, on this build.

WoW,Customs! Talk about over the TOP! To be honest with ya though, in 10/15 years, cars will NOT be THAT stylish. Yer givin the designers TOO much credit! Beautiful AMERICAN cars like that have been gone for a LOOOONNNNGGGG time. Nuthin but Jelly Beans left. Yours can't be mistaken for Kia! B) Beautifully done! B)