Model Cars Magazine Forum

Inspirational Thread (formerly random car pic post)

From somewhere on Facebook.

230199_10150195144793605_337541338604_6973736_4074061_n.jpg

"So I'm just driving along in my van, when I see in the rear view mirrors a speedboat approaching at high speed! I was so startled, I slammed on the brakes!

And that, officer, is how the boat got into my van."

We all don't build shinie hotrods or RatRods

Some just build others :D

That bare metal 34 Ford Pickup isn't a rat rod. It's Jimmy Shine's (of So-Cal Speed Shop Fame). It was featured in The Rodder's Journal as an in progress feature. He finished it, but left the body bare steel.

Cool truck. Looks like it should be in Mad Max !

That Truck is cool! You should hear it with those mega exhaust pipes, I believe, there are no mufflers, because it's pretty loud... B) I have one video of it too- I can post it some day, so you can hear something about it too. :D

• 1 month later...

Well, I would NOT call these "reference" photos.,,, that would be a complete photo study of a vehicle. Exterior, interior, engine bay, chassis, trunk, and detail shots. Photos to help us detail a model. I don't call one photo of a particular vehicle much of a reference. At least that's my opinion on it

Exactly reference pics your looking for every nut, bolt, wire, down to the very last bit of dirt on the vehicle this is to get your juices going and come up with inspiration for a whole new totally wild build. Just saying.

Edited by Darren B