Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black Magic

brett

:rolleyes: As the title suggests I need some help with either a scan of the Black Magic Vega decals (or a good set of ,or where can I buy some)or a couple of good reference shots for the hood and rear of the roof/ trunk area. I've got quite a few shots from Google but none of these two areas, so any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I've checked all the online decal places I know and cant find them. Edited by brett

Brett ask Wayne on here or Chuck they have tons of photo`s of the old funny cars. Another person would be Vince he goes by the nickname bowtie something like that. There is also a group on facebook for old funny cars. Just a couple ideas for you I`m sure you will find something.

John Pol

Edited by John Pol

Thanks guys, really appreciate all the help that's offered on this board.

Wayne I've sent an email, thank you so much. I had the 1st and 3rd pics but not the 2nd with the body up. When growing up I had the poster very much like the Bob Plumber shot.

She can pit crew for me anytime. :)

On another note, I see Black Magic had two different drivers; Santucci and Segrini. The one photo with the body up and the Santucci driver, shows a difference at the rear of the side window opening where it comes to a point. Were there any other differences that you guys know about?

Brett - who's going to be your driver?

Edited by gasser59

Going by the pics that I had and these ones from Chris, it confirms my suspicions that there were at least 3 maybe 4 differing paint schemes on the rear of the car. I'm going to do the Al Segrini version as that's what was on my poster and started my love of 70's floppers. That's pretty much the first pic Wayne posted ( the Bob Plumber one).

Thanks again for all the help guys :)

She can pit crew for me anytime. :)

On another note, I see Black Magic had two different drivers; Santucci and Segrini. The one photo with the body up and the Santucci driver, shows a difference at the rear of the side window opening where it comes to a point. Were there any other differences that you guys know about?

Brett - who's going to be your driver?

The Segrini car is the early version 73/74 and the Santucci version is a later bodied Vega from around 76 or so with a slightly differing paint scheme. The car was also run as a Duster bodied car as well.

Brett I got your email and I will have your decal scan emailed to you by tommorrow afternoon.

Edited by 1320wayne

As you can see from the following image from Wayne

http://images107.fotki.com/v67/photos/1/177223/5536490/drm318-vi.jpg

the Kit Vegas are quite different see following

DSCF8034.jpg

So the chopping commences :P . I had already the body (which was quite twisted) in primer with front and rear panels attached to look for any nasty surprises , also helps to have a contrasting color when you're scribing parts out.First up off came the hood scoop

DSCF8002.jpg

DSCF8003.jpg

then the patch panel

DSCF8007.jpg

DSCF8006.jpg

Then while that was drying I realized the motor would have to be move forward much like Chris's Army Vega. But not wanting to go to as much effort :unsure: I decided to move the engine mounts and lengthen the drive shaft

DSCF8001.jpg

so I cut the mount brackets off and re glued them on the opposite sides on the other side of the frame uprights

DSCF8008.jpg

Drive shaft has a nasty seem as well as been to being too short now

DSCF8012.jpg

so replaced with aluminum rod

DSCF8013.jpg

So while the frame's drying I started ( and finished) removing the rear window louvers and making up a new rear window

DSCF8014.jpg

As you can see I installed a thin frame for the new window to sit in

DSCF8010.jpg

DSCF8009.jpg

The new body work has a thin smear of putty over the joins which I'll sand back tonight

Edited by brett

When growing up I had the poster very much like the Bob Plumber shot.

Not to hijack the thread, Bob Plumer passed away last night.

link

http://classicfunnyc...p?topic=20806.0

Have not gone through the photos but here is a link to some of his work

http://nitrogeezers....umer-Collection

tb

Looks great

Edited by tbusch

Not good to hear at all, especially at this time of year for his family. May he rest in peace.

Last update for today, yes its all been done in real time ;D. Changed a couple bars so the bell housing isnt sitting in no frames land

DSCF80042.jpg

DSCF80052.jpg

body as it sits now

DSCF80032.jpg

DSCF80022.jpg

and as the reference pic I extended the rear spoiler a little, may knock a bit off the top but it looks about right to me

DSCF80012.jpg