Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Viper ACR

gasman

picked this one up today, I can't compare it to the original issue's of the SRT-10 Vipers because I don't have any. wheels look great, I didn't scale them but they appear to be the correct size. there on the chrome tree, so that will have to be removed. Decal sheets a bit of a disappointment as you can only do a red car. there's a lot of bare carbon fiber on the car so a few sheets of Scale Motorsports Carbon Fiber decals will be needed.

Revell did a good job with this one.

Edited by gasman

As for the carbon fiber, the only thing I have seen on the web that is bare CF is the front air dam/winglets and the spoiler/wing. Is there something else I have missed? Even under the hood everything is bare metal or painted. Also, please post some pics as I have an interest in this kit as it looks very interesting to me.

Nic

Wheels look a little small and ride height is still off. Sucks about the decals. This kit only has a few other mods than the standard version. New intake and heads, wing, wheels, hood. That's about it. Decent kit tho as it was the 1st time around.

Edited by blubaja

I think Revell needs to squeeze one more kit out of its SRT-10 tooling ... of this car right here ...

No thanks. :lol::rolleyes:

But thanks for the kit photos. One can build an ACR in at least 3 different colors using the kit-supplied red stripes.

Edited by Zoom Zoom

they just have a certain on the road presence that gets attention and a certain amount of respect from those who know what they are capable of.

They do have that, Dave! I TRIED to race one of the GTS coupes (in my younger and dumber days :unsure: ) on the interstate with my 1988 Trans Am GTA that had a 305 TPI under the hood. That was when the GTS coupe was the new kid on the block in the late 90's, and I seen the massive bulge of that beautiful blue and white striped machine in the rear view mirror. The guy driving it pulled up beside me, looked at me while I was looking at him, and gave me the "let's run" look, and of course I couldn't pass that up! The interstate was clear in front of us, and we dropped the hammers. That old TA kept up fairly well until the (BLEEPING) computer started shutting me down at 125 MPH! After that, all I seen was the back of that GTS, that is until he went completely out of sight.

That is why I said "As sleeper as a Viper can be anyway"! :( For years, my dad worked for a Dodge dealer, and the only way they could sell Vipers was to have a factory-trained Viper tech on hand. If dad ever quit, they would have had to train a new guy before they could sell the Viper line again. Being as he was the only guy in the area, we got all the Viper work (seperate training and certs for Viper and Viper Coupe). Imagine a 17-20 year old (and later a 26-30) getting to drive cars such as the Viper ACR and the Hennessey line. As one who also has driven them, they are most certainly not subtle. And yes, the wing does actually create the downforce needed for these cars; but I still think it would look killer in some not-so-flashy color and lose the wing. Also, the driver position and pedal offset (to clear the trans tunnel) can make for some awkward driving situations.

They do have that, Dave! I TRIED to race one of the GTS coupes (in my younger and dumber days :lol: ) on the interstate with my 1988 Trans Am GTA that had a 305 TPI under the hood. That was when the GTS coupe was the new kid on the block in the late 90's, and I seen the massive bulge of that beautiful blue and white striped machine in the rear view mirror. The guy driving it pulled up beside me, looked at me while I was looking at him, and gave me the "let's run" look, and of course I couldn't pass that up! The interstate was clear in front of us, and we dropped the hammers. That old TA kept up fairly well until the (BLEEPING) computer started shutting me down at 125 MPH! After that, all I seen was the back of that GTS, that is until he went completely out of sight.

sounds like the time i raced one of gts in my trans am exept it had the 5.7

Edited by modeler