Model Cars Magazine Forum

´39 Chevy Wagon Rod

Twist67

Hi there,

Some years ago I bought this kit with a bunch of other kits.I picked the wheels out for another model some time ago.I never thought to built this one because it looked very ugly with those molded headlights.I thought about some changes.....and used some headlights from another 39 kit for it.

Painted with sunburst orange and avorio senegal(spraycan/manufacturer FIAT)

The wheels where taken from an 1:24 DieCast model.The LT5 engine got some wireing and I´ve done the same to the frame.I used some flocking on the interior.The wood is painted.I added some taillights from the partsbox.Except the wheeels and the headlights the model is built ooB.

Please tell me what you think about it.

39chevywagon015.jpg

39chevywagon017.jpg

39chevywagon028.jpg

39chevywagon029.jpg

39chevywagon025.jpg

39chevywagon030.jpg

39chevywagon021.jpg

Thanks for looking,

I think you did a marvelous restyling job with those decidedly ugly headlights. Although I had some inspiration in the design this kit... my headlights were suppose to be more like a 1940 with the stock "torpedoes" only slightly sunk into the fender.

The build looks very beautiful!!!

Guest zebm1

Nice job on tha wood simulations. Would yu care to share with us how yu made that plastic look like real wood? Oh yeah, nice Chubby too.

zeb :)

Hi there,

thanks for all the nice compliments to my Chevy.

@zeb: On that kit there is a very nice and good detailed wooden structure so it wasn´t hard to let it look like real wood.I used some different brown colors of Valejo colors.First I brushed a mid tone brown to it with a paintbrush and after it was dried I made some drybrushings with lighter and darker brown.....that´s all and I´m really love how it turned out.....

I hope this helps,