Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMX

Ken Gilkeson

Eelco check and see if MPC are hiring critics with slide rules. What is up with people that need to constantly be reminded these are TOYS. Dump a fortune in one and at the end of the day it is still a toy. Spend a year on one and it is still a toy.

Edited by Ken Gilkeson

sure they are toys

that's no reason to make it look as accurate and as good as you want it too

if your reply to my comment would have been "i know, but I like it that way" then that is cool, your model, your choices

but if by any chance you are posting here because you are looking for input from fellow modelers and are trying to make the next model look better then the last then i'd be more then happy to provide you with some constructive criticism

Cool project, and very nicely built so far. I'm not trying to be a idoit here, or offend anyone, and this is only my opinion, but actually a "TOY" is something you play with. A model kit is ment to be a scale replica that you assemble, unless you plan to play with it. Just like a die cast replica, only you build them and set them on your shelf for display. A lot of guys in this hobby spend as much time on thier model kits as some people do on building and restoring 1:1 cars. I know, I do both, and enjoy both. And it's ok to build them how you wish. That's the best part about this hobby. But, to call them Toys, humm, I guess it's ok to call them what you want, but to the die hard hobbists, they are scale replicas meant to be enjoyed during assembly and admired on the shelf when completed.

toy, anything small of little importance or a miniature imitation. (websters dictionary) sounds like a model to me. it got what came in the box, because it's a toy. the word for today is toy. learn definitions then spout off. btw I started this hobby in the mid 60's and could find fault in every build on here, proves nothing but ignorance.