Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pics of Dodge Monaco's please

57peppershaker

Fantastic builds, keep 'em coming :)

Rosco's black n white looks cool & love the details on the plain wrappers. Wonder if the guy will bump his head after topping up the oil ? (done that too many times, & 57 Chevy hoods hurt !)

Rosco's master plan pro streeter to catch those good ol' boys !

Anyone remember that TV show Family Matters, where the father and son rebuilt an old Monaco cop car into a street machine?

I think that will be my next Monaco project.

I remember that! The opening of that show always showed the son opening the butterflies on the blower scoop. Way cool!

If I had a five for every time someone said "You should make that a Bluesmobile", I'd have that new flat screen TV. Or at least a toaster oven.

-MJS

Well there is One person that built the Bluesmobile.

SpaceCowboy did and if he doesn't mind I'll post the pics.

000_0423.jpg

000_0424.jpg

and it started out as a Chevy.

000_0330.jpg

those are some nice monacos for sure

but what this thread is missing is a real high powered car

i mean, the hemis are great and have more then enough power to deal with whatever chevies you might encounter out on the open road but what if you had to chase someone in a hemi cuda, or a challenger or a charger or even a duster with a 440 shoehorned in it?

how then will the strong arm of the law keep up ?

behold...the monaco interceptor, powered by a Twin Turbo Supercharger Dual Overhead Cam 426 HEMI (TTSDOC for short)

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTItMjAxMTA2MDQtMjE0OC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTMtMjAxMTA2MDQtMjE0OS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTUtMjAxMTA2MDQtMjE0OS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyODctMjAxMTA1MjItMjAzMS5qcGc.jpg

My first assigned car was a '78 Fury with the 440. It had been recycled from Traffic to the District fleet. Yeah, give a 23 year old newbie the fastest car in District 6. Hoo boy I had fun, until they decided it was better off assigned to the desk nerds.

Then they gave me a '78 Ford Galaxy, with a 400 sumpin' CI engine.

Those were the days.

G

Those '75 - '78 Fords were oversized rubber boats with no rudders! I used to get seasick when trying to run hot in one.

Now the '77-'78-'79 Furys with the 440s ... whoa, Nelly! Grab your donkey and hang on ... when you pushed on the go-pedal they were already gone! Loved those little hotshots.

Got T-Boned in one during a high-speed pursuit (well, 45+ miles into it) when another copper behind me failed to negotiate the left turn and drove straight into my driver's door (and my left ribcage). It still held up pretty well despite being about 15" shorter on the left side than the right side ... and still handled better than those dang Fords!

:wacko:

Oh those Fords were, were, well, lets politely say, they were softly sprung. ;)

I was way up on the river route on the north side when we got a hot call down in the residential part of the district. The copper behind me backed off when I got air. I backed off when I landed. Darn Ford wallowed around so bad I thought I was going in the Mississippi.

G