Model Cars Magazine Forum

STRIPTEASE 49 MERC (The Sultana of Old Burlesque)

Dr. Cranky

Haha this is so awesome, the detail is getting ridiculous! I also thought you were going to lay down some gloss but your really pulling it off, rust and all. This has been a fun build to watch, cant wait to see her finished.

Thanks, folks, I am on cooking detail today for Mothers' Day, but I hope to make some progress on the interior and the engine by tomorrow. Do stay tuned in.

Happy Mothers' Day to all the fine ladies out there who birthed so many of these wonderful model builders!

Are those earring for you when you display the Merc or for the display itself? :D

Your graphics video mentioned a "fixative" front & back. What's the fixative? I print graphics on gloss photo paper and don't use a "Fixative" - maybe I should?

LOL, Jim, the earrings are for the DISCO BALLS! Not for my ears. I've never pierced my ears but maybe I should, this way Doctor Cranky can play PIRATE once a year. Arrgh!

Fixative you can find at your local art or craft store. It's a sealer which is a good idea, but if you've never had any trouble with your inks running, then I guess you don't need it.

BTW, Dullcote works the same as a fixative.

Here we go, this is always the part of the build where things get a little tedious with detailing and painting the last round of engine parts . . . but I've learned to go slow and enjoy the process.

Here's some progress:

The interior is coming along:

006-vi.jpg

007-vi.jpg

Part of what slows it down is the weathering I end up doing with the airbrush. I am working on the tires right now and some of the radiator parts, etc . . .

008-vi.jpg

Getting the engine parts mounted for some impending airbrushing . . .

009-vi.jpg

The firewall is getting some details too:

11-vi.jpg

And then suddenly that Bob Seeger song popped into my mind (big black haired beauty . . .) and since I had some black paint left over in the airbrush I decided to add a much-needed detail . . .

The only problem is that I feel weird posting the picture here to the forum where there are some minors, but if you want to see it (and are old enough) you can go here:

http://public.fotki.com/vsuarez666/voodoo-customs-chop-shop/models-1/burlesque-49-merc/55.html#media