Model Cars Magazine Forum

STRIPTEASE 49 MERC (The Sultana of Old Burlesque)

Dr. Cranky

Darn nice so far. Concept is unique and kicking!

I don't know what you have planned for the interior but I would think a liberal use of some "distressed" fish nets held on by garter straps across the seats would really bring this one home. Nice satin colors and maybe some bustier headrests. Of course, a multi-colored collection of garters hanging from the rear view would add some detail and color too. And how about a stocking tied to the tip of the antenna?

Andrew, you sure know how to feed my styrene addiction. These are all great ideas . . . I plan on trying them out, although unfortunately, the interior is not really going to be see once the car is assemble, but I will certainly try my best to execute some of these wonderful ideas. Stay tuned in for more progress.

Wow, for the first time building a 49 Merc (I've built quite a few of them) do I run into a bit of windshield trouble. I could not get the windshield to sit right on this one, so I am going to have to scratch-build a visor.

The other idea that has been forming in my mind about why these colors is that perhaps this one was and old police vehicle, you know black and white, and then some kid ended up with it, and one thing led to another and the kid now has it as a burlesque rat rod . . . Can't you tell I am having a blast?

STYRENE ADDICTION is FUN and it will keep you HEART YOUNG!

Speaking of young, these pasties with tassels remind me of Madonna and those crazy boostiers she wore back when . . .

Those of you always looking out for treasure, keep your eyes open in the beading section of the craft stores, sometimes you can find neat bead caps like this and they are perfect for this project, but they also make for scale oil funnels, etc . . .

Speaking of pasties, well, here they are:

004-vi.jpg

On another unrelated (well, possibly related), I am so freakin' delighted that given the nature of this subject matter and our crazy inspiration, this thread--had it been on another forum--would have been long gone.

It says something wonderful about how we can exercise (exorcise?) our imaginations (within reason and as long as we are adults and keep it clean) here on the MCMF.

More STYRENE MADNESS soon . . .

Here's a picture that tells how must of my builds get done . . . from the big elements all the way down to the specific details, jumping around keeps me from getting bored.

009-vi.jpg

I know that initially the onlooker might not get what these are right away, but the combination of the lace skirts, the "burlesque" environment of the theater, and these pasties, and the viewer will GET IT.

Why are the headlights covered with these? AHA!

010-vi.jpg

Don, I have to say you must be running a very high styrene fever because that's a great idea. I have to do it with a bit of tape and some lace. Oh my, this is just getting to be too much fun.

By the way, here's a video update which you can watch right

You don't actually need a g-string back there... Just a Whale Tail pinstripe in red with maybe even a Victoria Secret tag hanging out...

Andrew, I think you are going to like what I came up with . . . and you know, who knows if and when burlesque performers ever used the g-string (perhaps in France!), but I needed something to get the message across and I think this will do it.

Stay tuned in and those of you who have access to some striptease music (why you would, I don't know, but imagine it then . . .) you might want to crank it up for the next post . . .

Slowly but Sherley, I am getting this one further along . . . I can't wait to finish the THEATER so this one can go on stage . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here are some teaser pictures . . .

015-vi.jpg

OH MY, I THINK I JUST CAME UP WITH A BETTER NAME FOR THIS ONE!

STRIP TEASE 49 MERC! Yes!

21-vi.jpg

021-vi.jpg

By the way, that's just painters tape and the same material I used for the heart . . .

I could have painted it on, but then I've seen cars out at shows where people have improvised with what they've got or find . . . like during Halloween I've seen people put arms and legs sticking out of their trunks, etc . . . you know what I mean.

Well, I still the engine and the interior to work on. Wouldn't you know it? For as long as you've known me, what do I always leave for last? The engine and the interior!

I love interiors, but this one is going to need some thought. Also, the engine is going to be pretty straight forward, but I am thinking of an air scoop in the form of a hat with dollar bills and change in it.

If you guys keep thinking of more ideas, don't hesitate to send them my way.

Thank you all for the fun of building models in this great community of wonderful builders.

Thanks, Tim . . . it's going to slow down here for a while as I turn my attention to the interior and the engine.

Although the interior is not really going to be seen once it is inside the body, I will still try to detail it and take pictures of it.