Model Cars Magazine Forum

STRIPTEASE 49 MERC (The Sultana of Old Burlesque)

Dr. Cranky

The chassis is painted (will detail it later with the airbrush) and now I have the wheels aligned in my jig . . .

Made a quick how-to video in case you are interested, posted it to the HOW-TO section.

Here's the link:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57760

Edited by Dr. Cranky

Okay, here's some progress. I still don't have any clue as to how this body is going to turn out . . . just been playing with some colors . . .the chassis and frame are done . . ..

001-vi.jpg

Getting all the basic components ready . . . for some paint.

003-vi.jpg

Just been working with the airbrush and trying to get some of the details to stand out . . .

004-vi.jpg

Got the rolling frame with several different shades of black, and a little bit of rust here and there . . .

The chassis is coming along . . .

005-vi.jpg

006-vi.jpg

011-vi.jpg

Several rounds of salting and paint . . .

cranky doesnt give himself enuff credit....... heres two more that cranky did the bodywork & paint, and i did the rest.......

bad013.jpg

bad018.jpg

bad004.jpg

and the next one........more of crankys killer paint work!

49m003.jpg

49m002.jpg

49m007.jpg

great paintwork virgil!...errr i mean doc cranky! haha! i had a blast building them!

thanks for lookin

Bryan M

Thats awesome paint doc cranky!

This is, of course, far from done. I'm not finished with the paint and the graphics yet, but I wanted to show you guys the new meaning for "skirt".

LOL.

024-vi.jpg

026-vi.jpg

This one looks like either a retired cop car doing burlesque or a Pirate Jenny fresh off the boat, ready to twirl her skirt for a few bits of treasure! Arrgh!

027-vi.jpg

More progress, stay tuned in . . .

I like that heart!

031-vi.jpg

I know, I was surprised by it too. I was going with the flow and then suddenly I though of an older burlesque dancer, not new or shiny. I don't know if that makes sense but this one is going to be a part of a line up of vehicles (most shiny) playing at Doctor Cranky's House of Burlesque Show, and then SUDDENLY this one pops up and the crowd is not pleased.

LOL, that's my story and I am sticking with it. There will be a few other details, stay tuned in . . .

Part of what I have in mind, or the joke really is to feature like 3-5 shiny new builds with these exotic names, as if they were, you know, very exciting and fresh performers, and then run this one as Miss Burlesque of 1949 or something . . . and the change in "performer" will set up the joke. I think . . . ;):rolleyes::)

Part of what I have in mind, or the joke really is to feature like 3-5 shiny new builds with these exotic names, as if they were, you know, very exciting and fresh performers, and then run this one as Miss Burlesque of 1949 or something . . . and the change in "performer" will set up the joke. I think . . . ;):rolleyes::)

Okay, I'm on board with that. Let 'er rip Doc.

Rob, you know I appreciate the input. Sometimes with crazy ideas like this it is very easy to get lost or end up doing the wrong thing . . . I'm still trying to get over using the lace as skirt . . . ideas like that don't come around as often for me as they used to.

LOL.