Model Cars Magazine Forum

STRIPTEASE 49 MERC (The Sultana of Old Burlesque)

Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky, may I ask what kind of wheels you put on this Merc? I am interested in a set.

Maxx, the wide whites are from the MODELHAUS (170c) and the wheels are from R&M of Maryland. If you contact Norm, he'll set you up.

Doc, I really like the way you handled the the G-string, I'm still grinning,...all she needs now is a few $$$$ bills tucked under the waist band strap and a few tossed around your stage.

Don't I like the idea . . . and I guess I'll have to print up some G-scale dollar bills. Get it? G-scale? HA! Insanity runs deep in the Lab-RAT-ory.

All right, I am moving back and forth between the THEATER and this build, it keeps me from getting board. I got the curtain material for the theater and my mother says she make it for me with all the right elements . . . Momma CRANKY in the Lab-RAT-ory! Oh yeah!

Here are some mockups of the build so far . . .

022-vi.jpg

023-vi.jpg

I'm still rather tickled with these . . . look into my eyes . . . look deeper . . . HA!

032-vi.jpg

Very cool Virgil. How about some bomber style pin-up art on the doors?

Rob, I have a few of those, that might do the trick . . . let me see what I can dig up. Thank you for all the great suggestions, buddy. Cheers, DC

Rob, I have a few of those, that might do the trick . . . let me see what I can dig up. Thank you for all the great suggestions, buddy. Cheers, DC

LOL, thanks, John . . . .well, don't go out and spend all your money on the honeys . . .remember to save plenty for more STYRENE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here we go, who called for a pinup. I finally found my sheets of pinup decals . . . sweet.

002-vi.jpg

003-vi.jpg

That's one of the side affects of staring at a "gear stripper"!

HA! Gear Stripper, that would be another great name for a rat rod.

Darn it, now I'm going crazy with Betty Paige and this "burlesque" stuff. Of course, we'll try to keep it clean. Last time we didn't, ahem, ahem, we didn't make it into the magazines. LOL!

Gee, I wonder why:

IMG_1723-vi.jpg:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey I recognize those covers, and centerfolds. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Doc maybe we should call you Mercman now instead of me. :D

Thanks, Junior, they've come in handy over the years for all sorts of things like workbench posters in dioramas, and now this . . . your generosity for sharing is always appreciated.

Cheers, DC

Here we go, who called for a pinup. I finally found my sheets of pinup decals . . . sweet.

The Fonz and I approve.

4842554900_fonz1_answer_1_xlarge.jpg

Hey Doc maybe we should call you Mercman now instead of me. :D

Nah, lets not go down that road, because he does build a lot of Willys' too, and to call him Willysman, just sounds too funny.

Edited by Jantrix

So, Virg, how come the special edition Merc is better? I've got one--just one--so I don't know any difference. I do have a Modelhaus body and a bunch of R&MCoM parts to add to it, but haven't looked at it in a while.

Interesting topic, especially with all the great examples.

Terry

Thanks, Junior, they've come in handy over the years for all sorts of things like workbench posters in dioramas, and now this . . . your generosity for sharing is always appreciated.

Cheers, DC

Well you know where to find them if you need more.

So, Virg, how come the special edition Merc is better? I've got one--just one--so I don't know any difference. I do have a Modelhaus body and a bunch of R&MCoM parts to add to it, but haven't looked at it in a while.

Interesting topic, especially with all the great examples.

Terry

Terry, Revell has put out some fine kits in recent years (or at least the retools), but the 49 Merc just goes so well together. I just love the fact that I don't have to chop it, which is a great big plus in my book. The chassis does need a little bit of coaxing to fit into the rear, but it's not difficulty to get it to fit just right. Lots of parts, the fact that it comes with three options for the grill, two for fenders, two wheels and tires . . . it's one of my faves for these and many other reasons, not to mention the interior and the dashboard . . . give yours a closer look you will like it even more after you do.

Hmmm ,

Time to break out the enamels and roll with it , Mr Jessee ! You did promise ! Lol!

Hey, Donn, if you want enamels, it's going to cost you a few more dollars!

Oh wait, you are talking to Terry, I thought you were talking to one of the burlesque performers! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks, Tony, Junior, and Jim. Stay tuned in for a bit more progress soon.