#41 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Full Name:Al Matheny

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

guys, you have to have fun with this stuff !! before i was married, would head to the local drug store where this really cute girl worked. looking for nail polish, she strolled down the isle as i was lookiing, she gave me  "the look". then the fun began, i looked at her and said  "excuse me, but does this color clash with my eyes?" she looked at me, then proceeded to tell me that this color would be better, we talked, i told her what it was for and we dated for 6 months.

if someoone give you  that "look" turn it right back on them, they wont know what to do!! cant tell you the fun i have had with my psoriasis !!

this one isnt a public thing, but how many of your wives/girlfriends have heard you making engine noises when checking out the stance of a build?

#42 brad4321

brad4321

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Lawrence

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:47 AM

My friends have known for years that I build, and they are amazed at what I can do with different things.  I finally got my wive to get over it also when I would get into some strange areas of the stores. Also it didn't help that I was manager of a small craft store back in the 80's. Amazing the things you can do with all of the beads, and bangles.

BTW no offense for the pic.

Trust me.  No offense taken.  I loved it.  I emailed it immediately to my girlfriend and she had a good laugh too.  I know I shouldn't be embarrassed by my hobbies.  I have a huge telescope.  I love to play chess.  Right now, I'm building a big model train layout.  I have models in various stages of completion around the living room and spare bedroom.   Whenever company is coming over, I hide every tiny bit of evidence of it.  For me, it's a solitary hobby.  And that's why I hang out here.  You guys are my only modeling friends.

#43 pandamonium2112

pandamonium2112

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Toone

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Hey, just had a thought. I wonder how many of our wives go to the craft or drug store (without us) and buy some wierd item and they tell the cashier "It's for my husband, he builds models!"

#44 impcon

impcon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Cook

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

I've never done it myself, but I imagine that going to the makeup aisle to buy a couple of bottles of nail polish can be a little awkward...  :P

Try doing that with your wife and someone overhears you ask her as you are picking out colours for a two tone paint job, "What do you think of this colour" Do you think that it will clash?" Older women scowl - younger ones smirk.. :wacko:  The problem is no one would believe me if I tried to explain...

#45 impcon

impcon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Cook

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

One icky word. Pantyhose. Better than fiberlgass or micro-baloons.

If you haven't tried it - don't knock it! :unsure:  Oops!

#46 oldcars

oldcars

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Stamey

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

I go to the jewelry section at different craft stores with my wife and find red beads that make great taillights. The women in the rows of beads just give me that look. Yeah, that look. Richard