Model Cars Magazine Forum

51 Chevy Fleetline

Great looking color on that. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. How do you keep the salt on while you spray the paint. I know others have done this method, but I haven't tried it yet.

I'm having fun right now with this same kit. Nice to see you didn't chop it. How have you lowered the suspension, or have you yet? I am starting the rear by removing the leaf springs and making trailing arms with air bags.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

Great looking color on that. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. How do you keep the salt on while you spray the paint. I know others have done this method, but I haven't tried it yet.

I'm having fun right now with this same kit. Nice to see you didn't chop it. How have you lowered the suspension, or have you yet? I am starting the rear by removing the leaf springs and making trailing arms with air bags.

Later-

Thanks...

I sprayed some water on the body and sprinkled the salt on and let it air dry, then painted the body and after the paint was dry, I scrubbed the body with dish detergent and warm water...

James - I was rockin' with you right up until the interior photo. You are doing a great job on this car, so I have to say that the interior just doesn't look right. Interiors don't rust and get dirty, without any fabric tears etc. For reference, go to eBay Motors and look at some of the beat up cars for sale. And go look at Hollywood Jim's 1950 Olds interior.

I don't mean to criticize, but you were doing such a good job on this car, you need to work on the interior. I'm pretty good at this, so I'm happy to offer suggestions. If you need more interior parts to play with, I have a few parts kits of that car. I'd be pleased to mail you whatever you need, no cost at all!