Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wolf75

It's finally done. There were some things I wish I could have done better, but in any case I had a lot of fun building this. I managed to use some photoetched parts on the carb linkage, and run fuel lines down to the fuel pump. I also wired the distributor. I made my own hood pins and clips. I tried making a working flip up license plate to show the gas cap, but that didn't go so well, but it could have been worse lol. I also painted my first 2 tone interior, and made a working trunk lid with carpet and spare. The only thing i really didn't like about this kit was the grill, since they molded the headlight in with it with no seperate clear lenses. I don't have anything around here to strip chrome off, and I didn't have anything close to the color I needed to make it look right. I just had to learn to live with it. Now on to the next project!!!

68_roadrunner_by_wolf75-d8qh8wr.jpg

68_roadrunner_2_by_wolf75-d8qh8x2.jpg

68_roadrunner_5_by_wolf75-d8qh8xw.jpg

68_roadrunner_4_by_wolf75-d8qh8xm.jpg

68_roadrunner_3_by_wolf75-d8qh8xb.jpg

Great job with the paint and opening trunk Darrell!

Are those the tires that came in the kit? You did a great job on the white lettering!

They came with the kit. Thats the first time I bought a kit with them already painted, oh and thanks. :)

Super nice build...

Thank you.

Thanks everyone, tips and all. This was a lot of fun for me. I'm happy with how it came out, but I could have done so much better if I had had the supplies I needed, but money is tight right now since I bought a old Chevy truck recently, so I worked with what I had lol Next I'm gonna probably start on the 70 1/2 Camaro.