Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri Volvo VN780 and Moebius "Smoothie" Finally, replacement decals have been found!

Yep....A bright, sun shiny day is the ticket, but I think my wife would throw me out of the house if I brought a model inside to dry..... :lol: LOL !!!! Funny, but true....Don't think I could get away with that.....

My wife is pretty cool. I bring them in while she is at work JT. Put them in the model room and close the door.... :D

Thanks Gator and Carl.

I got the landing and suspension units ready for a coat silver to match the truck. The pieces that are missing from these, the small stuff, I brake cans, slack adjusters, crank handle, shafts and gear unit will be blue to match.

20150602_143015_zpskkchjo5q.jpg

Clayton,

I can teach you how to install rivets.

Ken. :rolleyes:

Are you sure? I'm not sure about that. LOL

I'm sure you could. You've done a couple here and there.

The skirts look good. but I think a bit more detail is in order. Say some small rivets or bolt heads where the panels overlap ?

Be Well

Gator

Any tips on how to do that?

Are you sure? I'm not sure about that. LOL

I'm sure you could. You've done a couple here and there.

Any tips on how to do that?

yes , Maybe some resin rivets or bolt heads. Or you could get some hex rod and salami slice some bolt heads???

how thick is the plastic you used for the skirts? You might also try a ponce wheel. if the plastic is thin enough. Or make some narrow strips out of .010 and then use the ponce wheel. Then glue the strip vertically to replicate the join line.

Whatever you do. I am sure that when you get it done it will look good.

Be Well

Gator

I like where you're going with the panel lines....As I've seen them with and without rivets, I'd say it'd be your choice....I've noticed no less than 8 different 1:1 versions....I even saw one with a stealthy sawtooth pattern at the rear....I thought it was awesome looking.....

Thanks man. I ended up with no rivets. I didn't have material on hand for it and the LHS that has it is an hour away. That and I need to limit my purchases for about a month. I'm takin paid family leave time to spend it with my wife and new son. Good thing I have pretty much everything I need to keep plugging away on just about anything.

I got paint on everything before it got too dark. I even sprayed clear on everything but the main body which is awaiting decals. I hope to get those applied this week. I need to get back on the truck and finish it up too.