Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brought my late 50th b-day present home yesterday

Can-Con

It's an '85. Been sitting for quite a while but after putting oil down the cylinders and working the old gas through the lines it starts right up and pulls strong.

There is some rust in the floors and a few bubbles here and there but generally an easy fix and pretty good shape for sitting for so long. Dosen't seem to be much mechanically wrong with it besides an exhaust leak near the front, [a gasket], mostly cosmetic.

I'll work on it the rest of the year and repaint it next spring then it'll be all ready for cruis'n next summer. :D:D:D

IMG_1807-vi.jpg

IMG_1808-vi.jpg

Nice looking ride. How long did it sit??

Would you believe 15 years? :o Buddy said he parked it after his son was born and never got back to it.

I really haven't had a chance to take a good look under it yet to check the break and gas lines. Like I said, the floor needs some work but the exhaust looks like it was installed last month but the previous owner said he put it on around '91. Gotta love stainless steel. ;)

Edited by Can-Con

Not bad at all for a 85...will make a nice resto project. I had a 75 and then a 82 but the 82 got totaled 2 weeks after restoring it and starting to drive her...got hit from behind at about 60mph while stopped at a red light in a 30 zone...4 foot shorter on the drivers side rear...bummer.