Model Cars Magazine Forum

427 Cobra Roadster

madhorseman

Nice job on the Cobra.

Which boxing was this? I just finished the Monogram 427 SC with the red car on the box and it seems to offer different options from yours. It came with wire wheels and did not include any decals for the car badging or the option of a hood scoop. Just curious if it is a different kit, or maybe you got some aftermarket for yours?

Nice choice of colors. :)

Shelby427G_zps31fhbxen.jpg

Edited by Aaronw

PDR_0006%202_zps2ji1bdvh.jpg

PDR_0001_zpshakym2jg.jpg

PDR_0005%202_zpsn9cbha1l.jpg

PDR_0003_zpsfrsjpbut.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. Now for some answers: Ray, I originally bought this kit for parts so I don't know what became of the mirror :huh:. As for the wings, I kept knocking them off as I was handling the car, so they have just stayed off. I'm going to list it on EBay, so I'll give them to the buyer.

Aaron, mine is the same kit as Yours, the hood scoop is from an AMT '66 Mustang coupe and the wheels are resin pieces that I found on EBay, (really nice) tires are Performance Plastic Parts Goodyear Bluestreaks and Markings are from Keith Marks

Brian, the paint is Dupli Color Import touch up paint, and Krylon acrylic clear. It's also not jet black, it has red metal flakes in the paint that I can't seem to capture with the camera. And it;s been wet sanded and polished with Turtle Wax headlight restore polish.

Edited by madhorseman
forgot to add some facts