Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Ford McCuloch Blower Instructions.

Yes, the '57 Del Rio does include the McCuloch Supercharger parts, same as the Fireball Roberts version, but no instructions to assemble it.

http://www.revell.com/support/instructions.html      These instructions are also the manuals.hobico.com mentioned.

I found the instruction for the supercharged 312 on the Revell website of all places,  looked like the the 57 Ford Custom would have included the McCuloch supercharger but it didn't at least by the instructions it doesn't.  The Mac' Supercharger was included in the jFireball Robertts version, I would have thought the other way around.

85-4283 85428300200 1/25 1957 Ford Custom 2 'n 1 3.8 MB pdficon-small.gif Download
85-4024 85402400200 1/25 "Fireball" Roberts '57 Ford 4.1 MB pdficon-small.gif Download

Thanks to espo, mike 51, Dave Lindsey - SoCalCarCulture, oldnslow,  JTalmage. For chiming in.  Even though I found the instructions myself before checking this post,  you were all of great help.   Guess this something we need to look at creating is a list of urls which have instructions for model kits, which needs to include club sites like Drastic Plastic who has scanned instructions on their website.

Robert asked the question on the carb.  The '57 supercharger and duel quad engines used the '56 style carbs. They were known for floats that would hang up and flood the engine thus gaining the reputation of being called the "Towering Infernos". But that was what Ford used. If you got a '57 with a single 4 barrel it was the Holly with front and rear float bowls. I think that because the Holly was a longer carb. they couldn't use it for these applications.