Model Cars Magazine Forum

1984 GMC update 4/10

I started this today , I had a truck like this back in my younger days so I thought I would build it like my old truck.

I filled in the compartment doors on the bed , then added the chrome trim around the wheel openings, and side trim .

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

Edited by k100

Yes sir! Since I can't afford to start a real project like that one, I have a few more model projects in mind inspired by these Detroit powered pickups on Youtube.

If I ever hit the Powerball jackpot , I'm going to buy a Prius or Leaf and stick a 6V71 in it ! Ha ha ha .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking VERY nice! Had an '85 GMC K3500 Sierra Classic big block with the single rear wheels that I bought new and beat to death. Had great dreams to redo it, and I got as far as gathering all new OEM sheet metal fenders, doors, hood, complete box, even a new cab, wheels, tires, lift kit, a crate 502, new interior and LOADS of other bits and pieces. But, I just ran out of steam and sadly, sold it when I moved. BUT, your build is getting me to start gathering pieces again, although in 1/25th scale! Takes up a lot less room too! Keep the photos coming! Thanks for the incentive!  GREAT WORK!!!

Edited by redneckrigger