Model Cars Magazine Forum

QUICKIE DRAGULA TRAILER - Done Deal - 4/23/17

Nytrozilla

I've had a Munster Koach and the Dragula for a while. The Koach is box stock and there was no way to stop myself from sticking a blown HEMI in Grandpa's ride.

Now, to mate them up, I thought it would be only right to have Herman tow a trailer.

I started with the Testors Hot Metal trailer kit. It's getting shot Gold, with Pearl Purple wheels and pad stamped tires. 

The trailer is much too wide for this mini rail, so I cut out a bed for it. It will get stained. Finished or not, we'll be at DSC this weekend.

20160406_133236.thumb.jpg.fce7f1b24409f020160406_133251.thumb.jpg.3446f825a0765d20160406_141817.thumb.jpg.03be13fe0aa22b20160406_145120.thumb.jpg.6a27ead9764b11

Edited by Nytrozilla

Thanks for looking everyone.

Throw some walnut stain on that bed and itll make those purple wheels POP lol

Will you settle for Minwood Golden Oak Charles? That goes on later today :D

I decided, even though time is of the essence, to construct a tire clamping system. Each clamp will get it's very own brass washer base after I paint them gold. They were going to be purple, but the nozzle started sputtering on my test shots. ALWAYS do test shots before using a spray bomb.

Another update after lunch. I'm thinking Western Bacon Double Chezburger. Mmmmmmmmmm, Chezzzz!!!!!!

20160407_113131.thumb.jpg.00b5169acc453820160407_113124.thumb.jpg.fecd8023a97cc120160407_113137.thumb.jpg.c281ea2bd9e80e

That looks nice you can't go wrong with the munsters!!! I have a coach that's stretched with two double blown hemi's from the stude kit and four wheel drive chassis and giant pullers from the Orange blossom special I call it if Herman went truck pulling was a fun build and I had it autographed by butch Patric on the roof.

vince

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey Joe,  Sorry I missed this one. :(

This is incredible and imaginative!  I like the blown Hemi in Dragula.  

Where is the wing from on Dragula and what about the Good Fear on the rear slicks?  Is it a decal?

What gold paint did you use on Dragula?

Mike. 

Edited by crowe-t

Thanks for your comments Mike.

I don't recall where the material for the wings came from. That and the fins were dredged up from my stock supplies.

As for the GoodFear, that's a modified GoodYear Slixx decal. Eliminate the 'Y', then trim the bottom of an extra 'E', Waaalaaaa!!!!

As for the paint, my best guess is Tamiya Gold because that's what the purple is.

If you searched for the build, it was under a previous "Nitrozilla", not Nytrozilla.

Dragula on Steroids

Also, there's this Display

Enjoy :)

I wish I could help you on that Mike, but as memory serves, I killed the bottle or it died of natural causes..

I went through my "In Stock" paint, but no purple in inventory.

Giving me a brain with a memory is like putting screen doors on a submarine.

Edited by Nytrozilla

Thanks Mark :D I wanted to kick this one a couple of times......

Hey Mike, on further review, (and a Googlenet Inquiry), I'm gonna' say yes to the X-16.

I only buy paints that match availability in both spray bomb and bottle.

I've got the spray bomb TS-37, so that means I had the X-16.