Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kit car, probably not what you thought.

The one above is a practically unbuildable POS. I was hired to completely redesign it (several years after I did the original design for the same company...that they didn't bother to follow because they were a pack of idiots) correcting the goofy-looking proportions, and after doing most of the re-work (so that it would actually FIT TOGETHER and so the parts could come out of the molds (their fiberglass "experts" had no clue as to how you do that) I was never paid and the car was stolen out of my shop by one of their employees who went on to claim all over the internet that HE designed and built it.

Then they sued ME.

Nothing fits on that piece of carp, the fiberglass is 1/2 inch thick in some places and 1/16 in others, one side of the body is almost an inch longer than the other side, nothing is symmetrical, and it would take you a 55 gallon barrel of bondo to make it look like anything presentable.

I have the police reports and the court papers to prove everything I say.

This is the partially re-worked version shown outside my old basement shop, shortly before it was stolen. As far as I know, my gen-2 design was never completed after it was stolen, but it was at the company I did it for for years afterwards...and the owner of the company offered TO SELL MY OWN WORK BACK TO ME when they finally gave up.

9014-2.jpg

Everyone in the Porsche community with any semblance of a brain avoids that company like the plague.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy