Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '67 Camaro finally done!!!

665@213

Nice work all around. The color is very believable and suits it well. The engine is outstanding, is it from the kit, or resin?

The block and transmission are from the 67 kit. The heads, valve covers, and headers are from the 69 COPO Camaro kit. The intake and carbs are from the Revell 67 pro street Chevelle kit. I had to take some of the height off of the intake. And the air cleaner is from the 69 RS/ SS Camaro kit, cut in half and shortened. The "Chevrolet" scripts on the valve covers are decals from the Revell 57 Belair kit, the hood and trunk emblems. Engine color is Duplicolor Chevy engine Orange enamel.

0417161756b.jpg

Super job, that soft yellow gives it that Dad's car look and multiplies the sleeper persona. And you really killed it with the engine, I like the valve covers, where did they come from with the Chevrolet lettering on them?

Thanks! The valve covers are kit pieces from the Revell 69 COPO Camaro kit. I smoothed them out so the oil filler cap wouldn't interfere with the lettering. And the script decals are the hood and trunk emblems from the Revell 57 Belair kit.

Thanks! The valve covers are kit pieces from the Revell 69 COPO Camaro kit. I smoothed them out so the oil filler cap wouldn't interfere with the lettering. And the script decals are the hood and trunk emblems from the Revell 57 Belair kit.

Thanks, that's a pretty good idea, I may try the same idea with a set of small block valve covers. It even gives me an idea of how to do a close copy of an engine Kendigit Design did on a LS series engine.

Super job, that soft yellow gives it that Dad's car look and multiplies the sleeper persona. And you really killed it with the engine, I like the valve covers, where did they come from with the Chevrolet lettering on them?

Lol I'm not a Camaro fan, either. But I've wanted to do a 67 for a long time. I like the standard grille much better than the hide away headlight grille. Everybody does those. I wanted a little different car than what I've seen before. I get tired of seeing red or blue Camaros. Nothing wrong with them, just too many of them in my opinion.

Edited by 665@213