Model Cars Magazine Forum

yesterday i take the old record player and the old albums and have a lot of moments whit chillings  and goosebuns

from red simpson to red sovine and al the others , going back in time and even some old county album,s i have play

now the are al back in the hidden place and til the next moment i play them again , its sound so different these records instead if cd , and i like it for that kind of music

so say keep on truckin

and modelin

jacobus

This thread got me listen to the old trucking songs again. I guess 1960´s and 1970´s was the boom. There is a newer trucking music around but it´s not as intense as it used to be back then. In the early 1990´s I guess a CD Rig Rock Deluxe came out ad it´s a fine mixture of the old and (then) new. Dick Curless and Junior Brown duets "NItro Express" and "Semi Crazy"... wonderfull. Del Reeves and Jim Lauderdale "Diesel, Diesel, Diesel".. just as great. I just can´t find any name of today´s artists being associated with trucking music as much as Red Sovine or Dave Dudlay or C.W.McCall... or whoever sang "Convoy".

This thread got me listen to the old trucking songs again. I guess 1960´s and 1970´s was the boom. There is a newer trucking music around but it´s not as intense as it used to be back then. In the early 1990´s I guess a CD Rig Rock Deluxe came out ad it´s a fine mixture of the old and (then) new. Dick Curless and Junior Brown duets "NItro Express" and "Semi Crazy"... wonderfull. Del Reeves and Jim Lauderdale "Diesel, Diesel, Diesel".. just as great. I just can´t find any name of today´s artists being associated with trucking music as much as Red Sovine or Dave Dudlay or C.W.McCall... or whoever sang "Convoy".

There just isn't as much music celebrating the trucker as there used to be, but there are a few newer songs out there. I have a mix on my phone I listen to while I'm driving of both old and new, here are a couple of the new style that are my favorites. 

Of course, nothing will ever replace this great old song! 

And yes, the last one is a video I made if you didn't happen to notice in progress pics of my custom Ford project. The song is my personal favorite especially since the lyric "I've run freight out of Wheeling WV" not only mentions where I was born and raised in Wheeling, but yes, I've run freight out of Wheeling in my career too!

Just listened to Giddy up Go for the first time in years, and now I've got something in my eye.....

I hear ya !   same thing happens to me when I listen to that one !

And don't forget "Teddy Bear" for getting something in your eye too.....

I think, in my honest (often times unfiltered) opinion, the best and funniest trucker song out there is Elmer Fudpucker, Dam D.O.T. It's a bit heavy on the foul language. But if your trucker, grew up around truckin, you really understand this song. I'm not gonna post a link, don't want forum Gestapo having a fit.

Edited by Petetrucker07

I think, in my honest (often times unfiltered) opinion, the best and funniest trucker song out there is Elmer Fudpucker, Dam D.O.T. It's a bit heavy on the foul language. But if your trucker, grew up around truckin, you really understand this song. I'm not gonna post a link, don't want forum Gestapo having a fit.

Ha - ha. Got the same song by Jake Brake and the All Trucker Band. They say that´s the original, but I don´t know.

What I found like 3 days ago is The White Knight LP by Cledus Maggard and The Citizen's Band. It´s 1976 LP but I´ve never heard it untill now. I like that CB lingo even though I can´t say I get everything the guy says. But it´s fun anyway. With all respect to them serious truckin´ songs I can´t help having a lot of fun listening to this hilarious guy. Look him up, he´s worth it.

:lol::lol: Yep, it would probably earn you a warning point or two!! :lol::lol:

But hey, we're truckers, we can make sailors blush!! :lol:

You have no idea how bad I want to burn that song onto a CD and just leave it on the counter after gettin pulled into the coop. But I ain't no dummy dummy trucker.

:lol::lol: Yep, it would probably earn you a warning point or two!! :lol::lol:

But hey, we're truckers, we can make sailors blush!! :lol:

Edited by Petetrucker07

You have no idea how bad I want to burn that song onto a CD and just leave it on the counter after gettin pulled into the coop. But I ain't no dummy dummy trucker.

I know what you mean there, especially since Cali DOT seem to be a different breed than anywhere else in the country. They definitely need to wear their neckties, if you have ever heard that joke! :lol:

Yep. They better put on their big girl panties, LOL. C'Mon

I know what you mean there, especially since Cali DOT seem to be a different breed than anywhere else in the country. They definitely need to wear their neckties, if you have ever heard that joke! :lol:

Haha Elmer Fudpucker!! Forgot all about him time for some downloads. Definitely one of the best, if I was still in Cali I could knock the dust off some lp's and come up with a few others we haven't thought about in while. I know there's a bunch in there I couldn't post

• 3 weeks later...

Nitro Express.... Now there's a name for a truck that would have to be a beast to be called Nitro  Express. None of these modern rigs look tough enough for a name like that. I hung up my gear jammers license 20 years ago. It's been a long retirement.

Edited by RandyEarle

To all of you country truckers, I strongly recommend 2 LP's I have in my collection with a few great truck songs:

The very first longplayer from Little Feat with "Willin'" and "Truck stop girl"  (from around 1970) and

"Hot licks, cold steel and trucker's favourites" from Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen (from 1972)

WAIT A MINUTE... So your telling me that Tony Justice's song is just a COVER? :blink: (In my opinion does a better job via hes got that TRUCKER twang to him... being he is one himself... unlike King George whom is a country singer and a hell of a one at that to... )

Edited by bandit1

Also You forgot some other truck driver songs...

And How about an ULTIMATE CLASSIC TRUCK DRIVING SONG:

I might not have posted them, but I listen to them all on a daily basis!! :lol:

WAIT A MINUTE... So your telling me that Tony Justice's song is just a COVER? :blink: (In my opinion does a better job via hes got that TRUCKER twang to him... being he is one himself... unlike King George whom is a country singer and a hell of a one at that to... )

That I'm not sure, I don't know who originally sang it. I just happened to stumble across it when I was looking for Aaron Lewis' song. I know Tony does have some great music, I have one of his CDs.

A few more older trucking songs not mentioned here.    There's

East Bound and Down  by  Jerry Reed

C. B. Savage by Ron Hart

And several by Dave Dudley one of if not the best singer of truck songs.

Girl on the Billboard

Me and Ol' C.B.

Keep ON Truckin

There Ain't No Easy Load

And one of his last songs, this came right after 9/11

Don't Mess With American Truckers.

This song is for everybody but anybody that has ever driven a truck will really understand it