Model Cars Magazine Forum

Couple of MoPar wheel questions.....

I was wondering if you guys could tell me what year they started putting Road Wheels (Magnum 500s) on the MoPars.... Also, would the steel wheels and hubcaps

from the Belvedere 1 Moebius kit be correct for a '63 Plymouth......?

Thank you for any help, Guys...........  :)

Thanks fellas.....! I was going to put the 500s on a '63 Plymouth with red lines, but wasn't sure they were available then...........

So what? I'll bet there are quite a few running around that way. I've lost count of the number of '66 Chevelles I've seen with Chevy Rally Wheels on them, which didn't come out till 1967.

Even as we speak, I'm looking at my office calendar which has a nicely restored '65 Mustang 2+2 with Magnum 500s on it, and that's not "correct" either, but, again, so what? Just don't try to pass it off as "factory stock" and no one should have any problem with it.

BTW, I don't know when Mag 500s first appeared but Motor Wheel Corp sold them aftermarket too, not just OEM. I've seen ads for them in car mags around 1966 or '67, maybe even earlier.

Edited by Snake45

Thanks again for the help, guys......! Snake, you're right about being able to put whatever wheels I would like to, I just want to do what the factory may have done.... In my hunting for reference pics, I've seen all types of wheels on these cars, even late '70s Police wheels! This looks the best to me, though......

63plymouth.thumb.jpg.76281c21d1f6a324a1b

B)

missing link has them...i havd a set to use on a 67 coronet build here soon

Since we are talking Mopar wheels. Has anyone ever seen these wheel covers, either in a kit or reproduced in resin. I want to match the wheels on my '67 Charger.

Charger.jpg