Model Cars Magazine Forum

cobra fastback

Ken Gilkeson

thanx for the kind comments, don't have photobucket so I am limited to the total pics I can post to this site, sorry. I guess I need to start deleting images from the truck section.  ;-))

Or just get a Photobucket account, fer cryin' out loud! It's FREE!

Beautiful build! It really looks good! Is that the hardtop that comes with the kit? Also does it represent an aftermarket one that was available at the time? It doesn't look like the LeMans top that Shelby used on the racers. Sorry for the questions, I bought one of these kits a while back with the idea of building an endurance racer..

Beautiful build! It really looks good! Is that the hardtop that comes with the kit? Also does it represent an aftermarket one that was available at the time? It doesn't look like the LeMans top that Shelby used on the racers. Sorry for the questions, I bought one of these kits a while back with the idea of building an endurance racer..

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure I've ever known the origin of that top. I can't recall ever seeing like it 1:1, factory or aftermarket. I suspect it might have been entirely an AMT "custom" invention, like the custom hardtops in the '57 T-Bird and the '64 Corvette roadster, which are of roughly the same era.

And yes, this is a beautiful model, and I too would like to see more pictures of it.

There is also http://imgur.com/ for hosting.  I'm thinking of moving my fromage there as photobucket is getting real bizzy with all there ads and pop ups.

Holy moly, someone is actually using Imgur. This is what I use and have posted about it a half a dozen times only to be ignored. It's bare bones and stupid simple to use. I dumped PB years ago

the top is a modified kit piece with scoops from a 68 shelby mustang added and a custom sloping back glass. I like where my images are, just don't have unlimited posting. I have been a member of flickr and use what I currently have for ease of posting their. thank you all for the input I'll keep it in mind. btw 1 good image is better than 3 bad I guess. hehehehe  ;-))

Edited by Ken Gilkeson