Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '77 Pontiac Firebird 400

echoxrayniner

So this is my latest kit, I'm probably supremely amateur(I like to consider myself so) and a lurker of the forums for like a year now. Noticed how friendly and helpful the community is, so question time here we go: My real weakness is boring holes in the engine and wiring up the spark plugs to the distributor. Generally I just glue the wire ends to the alternator or bind 'em together. Does anyone have any better techniques? Mind you, I'm in Europe so many of the custom stuff ain't available here D:

1977firebird-6.jpg

1977firebird-11.jpg

1977firebird-2.jpg

1977firebird-5.jpg

Sharp looking Firebird. As for the wiring, do you have a pin vise and set of micro drill bits? Those are basic modeling tools and I don't think they would be considered custom and are available from various online sources.

I got mine here

http://www.micromark.com/SearchResult.aspx?deptIdFilter=0&searchPhrase=drill+bit+sets

Thanks for the nice replies, and to FordRodnKustom; I got a series of drillbits and wire-wrapping wire, boring holes luckily isn't so tough but man, attempting to put the wires to the distributor is nothing short of nigh impossible for me. D:

I'm curious about the tires.  Did you use sidewall decals?  

Yep, bought a giant pile of waterslide decals(Dunlop, Goodyear, BF Goodrich, Cooper Cobra, Road Hugger etc) in 1/25 scale from some online retailer ages ago. Really finishes a muscle car model's exterior in my opinion, so tend to slap 'em on whenever it suits it.