Model Cars Magazine Forum

LETS GO BIRDWATCHING...FOR JUST 10.5 SECONDS...

AC Norton

Greetings and hello to all,,, Built for MODIFIED PRODUCTION class, similar in equipment to a Sox and Martin, Landy, Grotheer style  Mopar door slammer  from the late 60s early 70s era I suppose.  Added some goodies from the parts stash, decals, and a bit of this and that as well.....paint is Testors Inca gold, then Tamiya clear, and finally Tamiya pearlcoat , and finally polished and waxed out. That's about it, and about all this ol' bird here can muster up for now. I welcome comments, or anything that you may want to ask .... all the best,,,,the Ace.....B)

1).jpg

2).jpg

3).jpg

5).jpg

6).jpg

7).jpg

9).jpg

Edited by AC Norton
text

Very, very nice! You've done a good job of capturing the look and "feel" of these things. Well done and model on!

thanks, Richard.....your comments are appreciated as always. this kit has a million pitfalls, and can be tough to get some things JUST the way you want, but generally it will do......best, the Ace....:P

Why blue headlights?

many doorslammer drag cars, then and now as  well,  tint them in various colors for accenting other colors on the car, and give that ' hot rodded', modified appearance. Its something I have always liked in most cases,,,,thanks for asking, Harry......the Ace....;)

Really sweet "Bird" and it definitely captures the look of the time.  Sure do miss that era, you could go to a salvage yard (called junkyards back then) scrounge some parts and pieces and go racing fairly competitively.  And as far as the blue headlights I meet more of them on the highway today than I ever did in the late 60's; still they add that period touch.

Really sweet "Bird" and it definitely captures the look of the time.  Sure do miss that era, you could go to a salvage yard (called junkyards back then) scrounge some parts and pieces and go racing fairly competitively.  And as far as the blue headlights I meet more of them on the highway today than I ever did in the late 60's; still they add that period touch.

thanks, Rick, for your comments.....the Ace....;)

That's a real nice and clean build Ace!  Excellent attention to details, looks without flaws to me.

Even the side "running lights" look real, don't see them too often.

thanks, Michael, for such nice feedback. it's very inspirational to hear that from an esteemed builder such as yourself....I used to have such drive and determination back in the day, but now just want to have another donut and pass out...lol....:lol:....:D.....regards, the Ace....

Super job, captures the feel in the early days when my dad used to race a Top Stock 66 chevelle at U.S.30. Just wondering if they made you run a dummy exhaust system ,cause I noticed you added one to the roadrunner?

.....Todd, if was an NHRA  stocker, super stocker, or m/p car, then I'd say yes . but, AHRA and IHRA had different rules, so that's a good question.....was U.S. 30 sanctioned by NHRA,,,I can't  recall.....the Ace....:unsure: