Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from an old modeler but new member

racer1949

Hello to all,

My name is John and I am retired from public works engineering for a government agency. No, I am not an engineer. I live in Colorado but winter time sports to me in an oxymoron so I build models. Much, much safer. Been doing this since my first one, a 1959 Mercury Convertible, which I still have. I built only a few after the '70's but they gradually got better. '63 was a big year. Have built new or reconstructed about 125 models in the last 2 years. Discovered airbrushing but still use enamel paints. Also use old style styrene tube glue. I do appreciate the more eco friendly glue especially when I am disassembling an old model I got on eBay. At first I did not know what to do with my old collection, about 100 cars, so I started rebuilding some and selling them on eBay. This evolved into a full time thing for me. I love building and I love the added incentive to build the best models I can if they are going to be sold. I am now building some models in 1:25 scale using different kits and odd parts which I have never seen available in that scale.Someone suggested I join a modeling message group and this one came up first and looks promising. So here I am. I hope to learn alot and share a little too when I can.

• 2 weeks later...