Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ed Terry's 66 C/FX Galaxie NEED COLOR Pic Please Help

mredjr

I need a color picture of Ed Terry's 66 Galaxie C/FX that he won the 66 Winter Nationals with. I think it is in one of the drag racing books I have seen it but do not remember where. If you have photo please post it I need it to have decals made.  Read my reply below.

Edited by mredjr

I went to Ed Terry drag racer and one of the sites was Where Are They Now Ed Terry - National Dragster and when I opened it was a picture of Ed and below that was a picture of the car.

Edited by mredjr

I went to Ed Terry drag racer and one of the sites was Where Are They Now Ed Terry - National Dragster and when I opened it was a picture of Ed and below that was a picture of the car.

.........glad you found something,,,,,since our little chat the other day, I cleared my bench and started a 66 Galaxie too, building an A/FX 427 sohc  deal, like in the kit, and using the decals and such that come with the new kit. your project is quite a bit more ambitious, getting decals made, and then researching photos and building a 289 and all.....your car will be great , and I look forward to seeing it done. I'm going to pick away at this one of mine, and maybe in a month or so we may see a build..lol...lol...:lol::lol:.....oh, one thing you probably know, Elvin, the Galaxie  kit seems always to sit very low in the rear, so I fixed mine with some evergreen plastic blocks I made, re-drilled a plastic plate glued on each end of the diff, and shimmed all to fit, and give it a bit more height for slick clearance. the exhaust system will be in place, as the rules back then called for them to be there, but not hooked up, so some warm water bending and shaping seems to work fine....I mention this as I noticed the Terry car your building shows stock tail pipe tips, so some modifying will be the order of the day, I guess......I am using the big tube headers and all from the kit for my cammer,,,,but wonder what kit may have a nice set of 289 headers for your build, Elvin.....the Ace.....;)

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some I found that might help...the last picture reads: Ed Terry so I guess it's the same car with different lettering ? Notice the decal placement on the windows match AND the Radir wheels !

Good luck and keep us posted !

C-FX smallblock.jpg

Ed Terry 289 C-FX.jpg

Radir mags.jpg

Ed Terry.jpg

Edited by Pete L.
  • Like 1

Sorry I have no color pics of the car. I can add something though, the AMT 66 Galaxie kit has the "7 Liter" grille, which only came on that model which had a 428 engine. The standard Galaxie had a more flush grille. The horizontal bars on the 7 Liter model are recessed and there are parking lights at the ends of the grille bars. A standard Galaxie did not have those lights and the grille was one stamped piece.

Here is a pic of a standard Galaxie grille that was mastered for NASCAR builds, compared to the AMT kit grille which is the 7 Liter Galaxie.

aaIMG_0369.jpg

7 Liter Grille https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ed+terry%27s+66+galaxie&view=detailv2&&id=EFC69E174E62AE25EA984B64FFC7CE5142A1E11D&selectedIndex=23&ccid=PHpACOnm&simid=608007198128279015&thid=OIP.M3c7a4008e9e683f7a411bde45faba15bo0&ajaxhist=0

Galaxie Grille https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ed+terry%27s+66+galaxie&view=detailv2&&id=23A5CA3117C57687DD3937514B36F4D2E033F67F&selectedIndex=21&ccid=3RiSpVOX&simid=607999252447561125&thid=OIP.Mdd1892a55397dea4343341d9ddc2c027o0&ajaxhist=0

Edited by Bill J

• 2 months later...

Sorry I have no color pics of the car. I can add something though, the AMT 66 Galaxie kit has the "7 Liter" grille, which only came on that model which had a 428 engine. The standard Galaxie had a more flush grille. The horizontal bars on the 7 Liter model are recessed and there are parking lights at the ends of the grille bars. A standard Galaxie did not have those lights and the grille was one stamped piece.

The "7 Litre" grill actually came on the LTD, Galaxie 500 XL, and Country Squire as well. Engine size had no bearing on grill application.

21d0071101cb1f5d710cb13f70efbf8f.jpg

I found this old thread on the BOSS 302 forum from 2007.

A member there owned the original car and was looking for info to restore it.

unfortunately his photo links no longer show up.

His last post from 2011 he says he got the info he was looking for and 

even some from the guy who lettered the car.

It could be that he (his handle is "69shelby") is still active on that forum

and could be contacted.

http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=29514.0

I think this was actually a 1965 year car that he raced in 66.

also ran a 66 427 Fairlane.

Edited by STYRENE-SURFER
added info

• 4 months later...

I was waiting on a color picture Bill Allphin posted that Tuesday and I e-mailed everything today and should have them in about 3 weeks. They will not have the decal in front of the front wheel I can't make out what it is if anyone knows please let me know.Anyone that would like to have a set e-mail me gaithere45@yahoo.com

Edited by mredjr