Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ARTEMIS1759

Aussie Kenworth K200

Recommended Posts

image.thumb.png.c28ebdccd3a5873a0eca8ea8Drake models Australia has 1/24 on the plans. It's been in progress for 3 years now. Who knows if it will ever seethe light of day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad these aren't available in the US, anyone know of any North American exports of the 1:1 K200?

I've actually seen a couple new Argosy models going down the road, but I guess that is our only, and rare, cabover in the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 12:46 PM, vincen47 said:

Too bad these aren't available in the US, anyone know of any North American exports of the 1:1 K200?

I've actually seen a couple new Argosy models going down the road, but I guess that is our only, and rare, cabover in the US.

A buddy of mine has two Argosy's in his fleet. Nice rigs!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have one , and its stil in the stash

45822f6ee2dbc770c7657a531132cbef.jpg

like many more

 

 

 

 

18b2147c2183b22be43fb87c18432a9d.jpg

415ee29f13596dd704a4feb22071aab3.jpg

jacobus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everybody, I am sure A&N Truck Models in Latvia already make a really detailed full resin kit of the K200 in 1/24th, I don't think they are very expensive either, around 120 euros, there are also photos of finished models on there gallery site, hope this is helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, CRUSADER2 said:

I don't think they are very expensive either, around 120 euros

That's $191 Australian + the other parts needed + another kit for the rest of the needed parts + postage, that's expensive. 

Edited by Yahshu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The K200 Aerodyne is 109.99 Euro on their website.
You might also like to have a bull bar and stone guard for 9.99 Euro, rear fenders for 11.99 Euro, A&N has a KW Air Glide 400 kit now wich will be right for this truck and it's 24.95 Euro, a Cummins X15 for 17.31 Euro, you might also need some rims 1.23 X 10 = 12.30 euro, tires 2.15 X 8 for rear = 17.20 Euro, and 2.23 X 2 for front = 4.46 Euro, front hubs with caps 1.99 Euro.
Let's see, 109.99 + 9.99 + 11.99 + 24.95 + 17.31 + 12.30 + 17.20 + 4.46 + 1,99 = 210.18 Euro (around $238.30 US, $335.52 AUS) just for cab kit and parts, on that the shipping...and you still need a donor kit for the chassis and some other parts....ohh boy, it adds up. :o
But after what I have seen it looks to be a very nice model.
A&N also has a K200 flat top now for 104.99 Euro

Edited by Force

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jacobus said:

i have one , and its stil in the stash

45822f6ee2dbc770c7657a531132cbef.jpg

like many more

 

 

 

 

18b2147c2183b22be43fb87c18432a9d.jpg

415ee29f13596dd704a4feb22071aab3.jpg

jacobus

Like that DC 75 too!!!! Nice stash there Jacobus!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its a nice product from him , have also this one

406762c1242ec11c3837670359ae1898.jpg

and this

0eeee8f0c246132fc38be010d510fe50.jpg

and the kenworth K200 i have make a start with it , first the chassis , but i do him between the others so slow

jacobus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jacobus said:

its a nice product from him , have also this one

406762c1242ec11c3837670359ae1898.jpg

and this

0eeee8f0c246132fc38be010d510fe50.jpg

and the kenworth K200 i have make a start with it , first the chassis , but i do him between the others so slow

jacobus

Very kool, Nice trucks!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Pavel does nice truck kits of interesting subjects
But unfortunately he does them in batches (I don't know how many in each batch) as I understand it, wich sells out fast, and when they are sold out he will not make any more so when they are gone, they are gone.
And he doesn't sell individual parts...I asked him a while ago as I need a Page & Page 60/40 rear suspension for a project wich he did for his Kenworth Bullnose kit and I think in the Peterbilt 351 kit in the picture above also have that suspension...I'm not sure tho'.

Edited by Force

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am bringing a bad news, I´m afraid. Pavel Behensky aka Stratomodels has announced his withdrawal from the big rig transkit "business" on his FB site. He says that it brings too many problems, it´s time and money consuming and he is tired of it all. Some projects won´t be finished, including the GMC Crackerbox and local Tatra 815.

With Pavel you never know, but for the time being he concentrates on Czechoslovakian aircraft models.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, truckabilly said:

I am bringing a bad news, I´m afraid. Pavel Behensky aka Stratomodels has announced his withdrawal from the big rig transkit "business" on his FB site. He says that it brings too many problems, it´s time and money consuming and he is tired of it all. Some projects won´t be finished, including the GMC Crackerbox and local Tatra 815.

With Pavel you never know, but for the time being he concentrates on Czechoslovakian aircraft models.

 

That sucks!!! Hopefully he'll come back to it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...