Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack Superliner with sleeper and day cab

I will add photos on the weekend. My goal is to built both Superliners with sleeper and the other one a day cab. The one with the sleeper I will built it outside the box with some minor changes just the Cat engine from revell kenworth,six spoke rear wheels and a flaptop sleeper. the cab and sleeper color it would be silver and the chassis red. Not sure about the color interior for now. The day cab I need to decide the color, the engine and the rims. I will use the chassis rails that I scratch built and cut at least 3 inches to shortened for the day cab. I'm open to sugestion

Thanks for reading (for now)

Jesus

Edited by Chu

Thanks Richard, I was disappointed my self for not even finished this project. But not this time I will finished both trucks!!!

Okay Jesus, You have a couple of great subjects. I really like the day cab idea. But will follow both builds closely.

Be Well

Gator

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jesus ,

Some progress is better than none !

Be Well

Gator

Thanks Gator I slowly doing some progress I'm working on the Two engines assembled and painting.The two chassis are already paint with primer  too. I was working in the day cab and I need to buy more putty to keep working on rear panel. I'm also doing a lot of test fitting on almost every part of the day cab truck since is a scratch built rails. is looking good but not perfect!! I will show pictures in the next weekend.

Thanks to everyone for watching!!

Jesus

• 9 months later...
12 hours ago, Bennyg said:

Hi Jesus. Looks good. Looking forward to seeing more, Are those the mudflaps I sent you? 

Ben

Yes!!! I need to paint the Mack emblem to add to the hood!!! The Mack letters is on the grill on the day cab superliner. Thanks for all your help!!!

11 hours ago, Chu said:

Yes!!! I need to paint the Mack emblem to add to the hood!!! The Mack letters is on the grill on the day cab superliner. Thanks for all your help!!!

No worries. I'm glad they look good. Great to see the parts getting used.

Ben

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone, has been almost 4 years science my last post. Things change for my Superliner with sleeper , I removed the paint in the cab and sleeper wasn’t happy with the results. Instead I’m used two top of the original sleeper and make tall sleeper 🤪. Looks ok for now needs to rework to make it look better! I also replace the wheels front and rear.

here is a picture of the chassis.

more pictures during this week.

1E14FB19-71D7-4032-ACA7-27FF72D8FA83.jpeg

E7B354A1-04FD-497B-BE80-34A0A26E140C.jpeg