Model Cars Magazine Forum

Badman - and having a blast

gtx6970

Another one that  I had mostly painted from back last fall.

Its a re-issue of  one of the kits I had as a kid . And wanted  to replicate one from a long ,,, loooong time ago.

Painted in 2004 Dodge Neon Solar Yellow (I had it on hand because of my daughters personal car,,,,,, it has a very subtle pearl tint to it in person out in the sunlight that I like )

Interior is basic blacks,,,you just cant see any of it thru the red tinted glass. I thought about using the clear glass from the street machine version,,,but if I did , then it wouldn't  be the Badman kit I had as a kid .

And I'm well aware of the kits faults and inaccuracies . The grille doesn't fit the body right , the hood doesn't fit right  and not totally  because of the grille , and the decals sucked. The cow catcher front spoiler was left off intentionally. And I cant decide if I like the chrome tank in behind the grill yet or not,,,so for now its in the parts box .

But I love it . And I'm glad I finally have one back in my display cabinet as an adult.

DSC00889.JPG

DSC00887.JPG

DSC00888.JPG

DSC00883.JPG

DSC00884.JPG

DSC00885.JPG

Edited by gtx6970

Very cool! One of the best Badmans I've seen. You did it a favor leaving off the front spoiler. B)

Judging from your recent builds, it looks like you, like me, are in a "simpler, more fun" stage of your modeling career at the moment. And that's a GOOD thing! B)

Very cool! One of the best Badmans I've seen. You did it a favor leaving off the front spoiler. B)

Judging from your recent builds, it looks like you, like me, are in a "simpler, more fun" stage of your modeling career at the moment. And that's a GOOD thing! B)

Thanks fellas,

And yes, Even though I have a few more detailed builds in process. I have to get inspired to work on them.,,,and inspiration / inclination  is far and few between .  Ive been on more of a simpler easy builds path lately. and enjoying the ride much better.

Thanks all. My goal from the beginning was replicate the one I did as a kid with only minor upgrades .( BMF in place of silver paint on the trim . )  Im going to order  one of the chrome pens to finish off the vent wing frames. I had issues getting the foil to look right on them so I gave up. And Ive decided the tank behind the grill stays in the parts pile. I like this one exactly as is.

Ive touched up the drivers side decals along the rocker panel with some semi gloss black. And for the most part its in the case probably never to come out again. Now  I need to decide on whats next from the pile ,,,I'm  thinking Munsters Koach

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...