Model Cars Magazine Forum

Camaro 50th Anniversary

Canso65

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was toying with the idea of finishing the Generation build I had started a couple years back. But I seem to have put them in a spot I don't remember..lol.

So I'm in with a release of the Revell 69... It's easy to come by, and always a good one to work with...

IMG_20170514_082041437.jpg

I'll get started on it here in a couple days...

I’ve got a surprising amount of Camaro kits begging to be built.  Think I’m going to start with this one:

photo IMG_3312_zps2ngh1oxd.jpgphoto IMG_3313_zpsxkufcgtj.jpg

So far, all I’ve done is prep the body for paint.  Undecided about final color yet, but I do know that I want to stick with the red interior.

photo IMG_3314_zpssfolcswa.jpg

Ive finally got some progress on my ZL1. Got it painted & clearcoated a week or so ago, found some replacement seats & have started reworking the exhaust. heres a few pics of how she looks at the moment.

Painted Camaro Synergy Green with Alclad Light Sheen Clearcoat (semi gloss)

DC570F56-348C-4667-B2D2-0D1B8BE5EF62.jpg

FB63E25B-AB54-493F-BBB6-C35F8507EDC1.jpg

5D34293F-1420-43E1-BB6D-0329E4550C4C.jpg

More pics next week

Ash

I’ve got a surprising amount of Camaro kits begging to be built.  Think I’m going to start with this one:

photo IMG_3312_zps2ngh1oxd.jpgphoto IMG_3313_zpsxkufcgtj.jpg

So far, all I’ve done is prep the body for paint.  Undecided about final color yet, but I do know that I want to stick with the red interior.

photo IMG_3314_zpssfolcswa.jpg

Nice choice!!

Haven't had a lot of time to work on the Camaro this week... I have got the body primed and painted. Still have to lay down some clear.

IMG_20170520_071741072.jpg

Trying to decide on details now... and see if I can get a set of Pegasus wheels to fit under it. I forgot how little room you have for wheels and tires under these.

As always, thanks for looking... stay tuned...

Haven't had a lot of time to work on the Camaro this week... I have got the body primed and painted. Still have to lay down some clear.

IMG_20170520_071741072.jpg

Trying to decide on details now... and see if I can get a set of Pegasus wheels to fit under it. I forgot how little room you have for wheels and tires under these.

As always, thanks for looking... stay tuned...

Nice color!  :wub::wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I manged to get a little bit done on my ZL1 over the weekend. 

Decided black on black on black was a tad boring so went with 2 tone on the seats & then that carried onto the doors etc, also decided to do green piping & highlights etc, just did it with a brush, first time trying it, came out ok. most of its hardly gonna be seen anyway.

Seats aren't your usual Camaro fare, they're from Clearly Scale, Mk5 Golf GTi seats I believe, I won them in a xmas comp.

EFEA8901-A654-4A66-B4AF-9AE94EDBEF54.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Small update: 

Decided to go white over red 

Had to shave off nearly an 1/8th of an inch off the driver’s side bumper to fit the body properly.  That doesn’t sound like much, but its still pretty significant for a 1:25 build.  

My arm & shoulder are exhausted – spent the better part of Sunday afternoon polishing the Krylon paint.

photo IMG_3710_zpsncnzydds.jpgphoto IMG_3711_zpsf3e4pidv.jpgphoto IMG_3712_zpsafzcihao.jpgphoto IMG_3713_zpshon6frlc.jpg

A quick mock up:

photo IMG_3714_zpsgxpkreij.jpgphoto IMG_3715_zpsyt88qwxg.jpgphoto IMG_3716_zps5hd7s9aa.jpgphoto IMG_3717_zpsobvo9mzo.jpg

Edited by Intmd8r

Bummer about the bonnet decal Imtmd8r! Looking good tho!

I'm slowly getting there with my 69 ZL1, its fighting me tho, first model in 15yrs that ive ended up with a glue smear on the windscreen. Had the windscreen inplace, picked it up thinking it had been 5 mins I can move it out of the way to dry. & then the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH thing slipped down & left glue all over one side of the windscreen! So a week later i tried again. Hoping to get this one finsihed up over the weekend & off my bench.

Also spent alot of time last night to open the grill, sanded the back of the plastic part to thin it down, I reckon it looks pretty good & should add that something extra to the front end.

AE9C87AC-819F-4E0A-9A63-1A74BEA33D04.jpg

Half & half

C773B93E-DEF8-4E0E-9795-F7FEABEEDDCE.jpg

1D2FAFEC-D3C4-425C-AACB-2B75BCB1AB29.jpg

Looks pretty good to me, needs a wash & a repaint & then it'll go in.

Ash

My current Camaro project. '67 vintage SCCA racer clone. Built using the "new" Revell '67 Camaro. Mostly OOB, tires are from a 1/24 Shelby Mustang as are the Firestone decals. Wheels are also Shelby from Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland and decals are OOB along with a few extra from the parts bin.

Paint is Dodge Viper Adrenaline Red from Scale Finishes (sorry GM guys, didnt have any red GM paint on hand). And for clear I am using an industrial version of floor wax. It isnt Future but a product called Diversy, also from Johnston's but its used in commercial settings, like a grocery store. Very strong and durable. I tried airbrushing it, but didnt like the looks so for now I've brushed it on. It's not perfect. I've got two coats on so far and I'm not 100% happy yet, it looks good, but not quite good enough. I do like the ease of use for this stuff. I just bought some new brushes to try with it, so hoping the third coat can smooth it out some more. 

Interior and chassis are still being painted so for now, the body. 

Front

20170622_155327_zpssfbcgomq.jpg

Rear

20170622_155301_zpscusm8j8c.jpg

Sides

20170622_155245_zpszqn6raro.jpg

20170622_155227_zpssgozdagb.jpg

More later tonight I hope.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry no in-progress pics of this one, but it's my latest Camaro build. Bought it for $10 at the local toy show, and just laid 8 or 10 hours of Snake-Fu on it, making it presentable. Well worth the time and money for the result.

This is my first attempt to upload a pic direct to the board (post-BotoPhucket debacle). Let's see if I can make it work. My apologies if it doesn't.

69Z28DC05.jpg