Model Cars Magazine Forum

Display shelving ideas

I'm quickly running out of display space!  Can anyone put up some pictures or ideas to help? I don't have much wall space at the moment, and no space at all for cabinets or other free standing shelves. I've looked at the cases from Carney Plastics, but they're a bit pricy once the shipping kicks in. I'll put up some poctur s of what I've got tomorrow. Thanks!!

I have 4 Carney cases hanging on the walls that hold 24 builds each.  I also have an old sunglasses case with rotating shelves inside the plastic that'll hold another 24.  If one of my builds is fortunate enough to win an award, I make a separate case for it from plexiglass.

I haven't decided yet how I'll set up my displays for built kits in my new house..thinking about those Carney cases or a lighted display case of some sort.   Over the last week, I've been unboxing kits that I shipped from Arizona and putting them on shelving from Home Depot...I have my hobby room mostly built out as far as storage, but don't have my workbench ready yet.

IMG_2532.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2530.JPG

IMG_2529.JPG

Edited by Rob Hall

I haven't decided yet how I'll set up my displays for built kits in my new house..thinking about those Carney cases or a lighted display case of some sort.   Over the last week, I've been unboxing kits that I shipped from Arizona and putting them on shelving from Home Depot...I have my hobby room mostly built out as far as storage, but don't have my workbench ready yet.

Looks like you & I are in exactly the same boat Rob.

I've been using the same shelving for my unbuilt kits for several years & have just picked up a couple more for my shop in the new house.

I still have a ways to go until I'm ready to get back to the bench as well.

Steve

I have 2 cases very similar in size. 1st One my dad built for me has sliding glass doors. The 2nd one  my in laws had made. Both are similar in size at about 3.5 to 4' wide and about 4.5 to 5' tall

I also have a 3rd that is an old all glass curio  case my wife bought many years ago.

Im about to add glass shelving in the one my dad made to gain some space. Otherwise I need to think about where im going next. Wife laid down the law,,,no more cases

Case-A.JPG

promos.jpg

case.jpg

Edited by gtx6970