Model Cars Magazine Forum

rubber duck truck

I just got the AITM Rubber Duck Mack.  Nice resin kit, now all I need is the time to build it!  Comes complete with decals, basically everything but paint and glue.  Dave at AITM is great to deal with, I had the kit about a week after I ordered it.

I just got the AITM Rubber Duck Mack.  Nice resin kit, now all I need is the time to build it!  Comes complete with decals, basically everything but paint and glue.  Dave at AITM is great to deal with, I had the kit about a week after I ordered it.

Kool, if I had the funds I'd order it in a heartbeat!!!!!! He has some nice looking products for sure!!!!!!!

I also have the AITM resin kit and it's great...but it's a curbside with the hood closed and only the lower part of the engine, and the air cleaner isn't quite correct for the movie truck, it should be a dual hose ENDT 676 Tip Turbine air cleaner as the movie truck most likley had that engine and not the Detroit Diesel that's on the movie sound track, the air horn sound is wrong on the sound track too as the  long horns the movie truck has hasn't that high pitch sound.
The hood can be opened up and an ENDT 676 Tip Turbine can be found in the Mack Cruiseliner if you want to detail the kit up.

I also have the AITM resin kit and it's great...but it's a curbside with the hood closed and only the lower part of the engine, and the air cleaner isn't quite correct for the movie truck, it should be a dual hose ENDT 676 Tip Turbine air cleaner as the movie truck most likley had that engine and not the Detroit Diesel that's on the movie sound track, the air horn sound is wrong on the sound track too as the  long horns the movie truck has hasn't that high pitch sound.
The hood can be opened up and an ENDT 676 Tip Turbine can be found in the Mack Cruiseliner if you want to detail the kit up.

You'd have to do a straight rail chassis rail set up as well, which wouldn't be too hard.

Ben

The Mack Cruiseliner is up for re-issue later this year and it's got the ENDT 676 Tip Turbine "Cool Power" engine the R685ST has an ENDT 675 with no aftercooler

Kool beans, I saw that but didn't know the details on it......

Hi Blackbeard. I'm doing one in 1/32. 1/25 would definitely be easier. You'd have to scratch build a straight chassis rail set up, no big deal. Also use the engine from the amt cruiseliner. Combine those bits with the AITM resin kit and you'd have a beast. 

Ben