Model Cars Magazine Forum

79 Camaro Z28 -- 8/8/17 Finished

KWT

Just got started on this one a couple weeks ago... I have the body painted and the decals added (except for the ones around the hood scoop that I jacked up). This will be the next of two in line after the Impala and the Cutlass are done..

Paint is Testors Black Lacquer...

IMG_20170728_200621744.thumb.jpg.8fbb047

Stay tuned...

Edited by KWT

I've always really liked these cars,ever since I saw the movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"with the two toned silver car...Lol.Seriously though,I have a friend of mine who has a dark blue color,and it's a 4 speed,with T tops,making it kind of rare.He is rebuilding it,and eventually wants to drop in a big block.Yours looks really sharp.Nice paint job.

Looks like a good start there Jeremy. Black with the red/orange is a classic look for those cars.

My cousin Phil had an electric blue one with blue strips and interior. Beautiful looking thing but his brother's 455 equipped '76 Grand Prix would walk all over it all day long ,, but that's another story. :D

Thanks, Steve!

There was one of these that sat on a car lot here in town for awhile. They were VERY popular here... and like most of the cars from my youth, they've pretty much vanished.

While taking a break from the Impala, I decided to work on the Camaro a little bit...

Got the wheels, tires and engine done tonight...

IMG 20170729 221116249

I painted the wheels Model Master black chrome.. more of a satin than anything. Not what I expected. Outlined them and done the center caps with a silver sharpie.

Tire decals are from Fireball Modelworks.

Stay tuned...

Edited by KWT

Shaping up nicely,Jeremy. These cars look the coolest in black with the stripe colors you've chosen.

If I ever get to do my Camaro kit, I want it to look like this...

79 camaro.jpg

That's weird there was a older guy in my town who had this car in the exact color combo.

While still taking a break from the Impala... before I decide to break the Impala... I'm chuggin along on the Camaro. The best thing about these old Revellogram kits, is they build up rather nicely and the there's not alot of pieces. So even with a little work, you've got a lot done lol.

I got the tires mounted, the engine installed and the interior/interior tub assembled and all married together...

IMG_20170801_203037356.thumb.jpg.cab8958IMG_20170801_203105652.thumb.jpg.f7d6386

That'll be it for a couple days.. Maybe I should have used this for my "Slump Buster" lol....

Stay tuned...

Edited by KWT

Thanks Joe!! I appreciate it!

I had one of these way back when. I still have about 90% of it. Of course it's all in pieces...lol.

You should be build one now. I'd like to see what your mad scientist mind would do.

Edited by KWT